Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Mid-summer blooms

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Here are some of the blooming babies from the last week or so...

BRONZE SUNSET
{{gwi:1201566}}

'COTTON CANDY' (my name for a J&P test rose that never got marketed)

EXCITING florist rose
{{gwi:1197978}}

GEISHA
{{gwi:1198910}}

GIRLS NIGHT OUT
{{gwi:1198909}}

LOUISE ESTES looking paler than usual
{{gwi:1205345}}

MARVELLE

MEMORIAL DAY
{{gwi:350303}}

POP WARNER
{{gwi:1206582}}

PRIMA DONNA
{{gwi:1206523}}

REMEMBER ME
{{gwi:347232}}

OP SEEDLING X BROADWAY

SOLITUDE
{{gwi:1204844}}

SWEET UNIQUE

TABLE MOUNTAIN
{{gwi:1213906}}

VAVOOM
{{gwi:1204845}}

WHITE LICORICE - not exactly very white!
{{gwi:1209850}}

WHITE LIGHTNIN'
{{gwi:345790}}

WHITE MAJESTY
{{gwi:1209852}}

Comments (11)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Such lovelies, Beth! That Bronze Sunset is a gorgeous color and I love your striped seedling!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Really nice Beth. Love your White Lightin' and the Bronze Sunset. They are all beautiful!

• rosybunny
    10 years ago

Dear Beth,

How come your Prima Donna is of such a different color than the pix on HelpMeFind (red - purple)?? I love your PD, what's the color when the folowers are fully open? Where did you get the plant? How old is it? Thanks.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow! I really like Bronze Sunset and Girls Night Out. Such colors!!
    Your seedling is really pretty! Is this its first year?
    Carol

• paulieinct
    10 years ago

Some real beauties there, a few I've never heard of. Will look them up on HMF.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Rosybunny, PRIMA DONNA is the florist version, not the one you were looking at. There are 5 roses on HMF called PRIMA DONNA. Mine is the last one with the codename "Lexannod." I got it many yrs ago from Carltons before they closed up. They were a florist company that also sold some stentlings and maidens of their various varieties they carried. Alot of us here will remember them. Many of us wish they were still around. If you want this rose, you'll have to find some stems at a florist & try to root them. It's a beautiful rose, but it unfortunately tends to get a lot of thrips, and I don't have time to spray. Oh, and the color doesn't fade that much, unless you leave the blooms on the bush for weeks, like I sometimes tend to do! Then it will fade to white or a greenish cream, like a lot of the lighter colored florist roses do.

Carol, that striped seedling is about 3 yrs old I think? It's weird because when it first blooms, the stripes are often not there. They show up under the subsequent bloomings and seem to get more evident each time. The mother plant (BROADWAY) is located right next to a bed of all striped roses, so it must've gotten some pollen from one (or more) of them. Last yrs blooms had more petals. It's kind of a weird rose. Not sure how it will do if I can get it in the ground.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Fantastic pics Beth! :)

• sweetvenge
    10 years ago

Lovely roses as always, especially like Bronze Sunset

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Bronze Sunset! Love that apricot-rose combination!

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

That's interesting. I've just started hybridizing this summer. So hopefully I can have some success. I've got Just Joey and Perfume Delight next to Rock & Roll and Julio Iglesias. So it would be nice to get some stripe action going on. Good luck with your stripe! Now you have to think of a name for it!! :)

• inga007
    10 years ago

As always a few new ones.
    Have never seen Table mountain look so red.
    Vavoom, seems to have lost a bit of its voom.

Lovely show.