Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've Got the Blues....And Some Purples Too!

Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 20:58

Had to share some pictures of some of my so-called "blue" roses :) Feel free to add to the post too!

Blue River
Photobucket

Blue River
Photobucket

Outta the Blue (with a baby bee visitor)
Photobucket

Blue Mist
Photobucket

Bleu Magenta
Photobucket

Blue Girl (with dog, Juliet)
Photobucket

...And some that don't have "blue" in the title...but are close to blue in coloring...

Ebb Tide (however, mine isn't producing what I picture as"ebb tide" blooms...hmm)
Photobucket

Rose du Roi a Fleurs Pourpres
Photobucket

Burgundy Iceburg
Photobucket

Mrs. Woods Lavender-Pink Noisette
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've Got the Blues....And Some Purples Too!

Blue River is my favorite and nicely photographed. Is Outta the Blue typically this fuchsia pink color?

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 21:29

Thanks Mantis...I'm in love with Blue River too! I can't believe it's not more popular than it is!

Yes, Outta the Blue (in my opinion anyway) is more of a pink/fuscia than a blue/mauve. The color looks a little more 'blue" if you block the light when it's photographed...but it's still nothing like some of the other blue-ish roses out there! Thanks for looking :)

o

A whole lotta lovely roses. I like Burgundy Iceberg better every time I see it. Thanks!
Renee

o

Wow!!! It's great to see Blue River - it's a parent of quite a few of my roses. I've never seen it before - so great!!

Blue River, Burgundy Iceberg, and Juliet are my favorites!! Wow - I just love Blue River. Such beauty!!

Thank you!!
Carol

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 1, 11 at 12:07

Nice blues

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 1, 11 at 15:00

No reason to feel blue about any of those beauties, TNY!

o

Blue River is gorgeous. Love purple flowers!!!!

o

Blue or bluish is always beautiful and yours sure are! Thanks for posting them.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 2, 11 at 16:56

Here's the color of our Outta the blue rose blooms at this time of the growing season.
Outta the Blue gets too much Blackspot here so I'm SP next Spring and replacing with something more disease resistant.

Photobucket

o

Ebb Tide looks lovely but not even close to the dark purple mine had. I also have Blue Mist and love its foliage. My Mrs. Woods Lavender Pink Noisette is unfortunately gone; Noisettes just don't do well for me, but its flowers at their best are truly lovely. Burgundy Iceberg is a real workhorse for me, and I wouldn't be without it.

My favorite "flower" of all is Juliet, your darling little dog. I want to hug and kiss her!

Ingrid

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here