Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The Bs

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

Baby Blanket is my tree rose. We got this at Costco four years ago and it's been in a pot since then. So I've successfully wintered it in my shed for 3 winters now. It's a lovely soft shell pink and covers itself with blooms in the spring. Then every summer for some unknown reason it drops all of it's leaves and I begin to fret. It's doing it right now. The leaves do not turn yellow they just drop. When the weather begins to cool down it puts out new leaves and blooms again. Can anyone explain it to me please?

Baby Betsy McCall (my favorite doll growing up) is a micro-mini whose blooms are about the size of a nickel or less. 6 years old and about a foot tall now and living in a hanging basket she's a charmer. Very bushy and healthy and hardy for such a little thing.

Best Friends is a hot mini! In the ground for 6 years this rose blooms it's head off all summer long. Some BS but that never holds it down long. Tough as nails coming through the winter.

Blaze only gives me one bloom a season but it's a good one! It spent the first 4 years of it's life in a pot but has now been planted out in the new bed. I can't wait to see what she does! Never a spot on her and is cane hardy to the tips every winter.

{{gwi:1270923}}

Blanche Neige is a polyantha I got from Cliff at EuroDesert last year (Blanche was my Grandmother's name). Orignally potted and now planted she's still very small at only about 18" tall. Small white blooms in big sprays at regular intervals she's been fairly healthy and wintered well her first year.

Brilliant Pink Iceberg is a bloom machine! It does BS some but is a very vigorous grower and bloomer. I love the sometimes streaky/spotted/painted look of the petals!

Comments (12)