Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Rose and Other Fun Garden Stuff

boxofrox
12 years ago

Heading into Labor Day next week, there's all kinds of maintenance things and such that need tending to. Every other year or so I have to re-do the removable covers over my pond pump that sits on the deck under the pergola. I keep the hand painted fish tiles and replace the glazed ones. I took some pics of the project today along with assorted other rose/garden/bouquet stuff. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy ;-)

Abe Darby

Abe and LD Braithwaite

Pond Pump Covers

The Four Patterns

Hot Cocoa

Livin Easy

Easy Goin

Blaze of Glory

White Eden

Three Bouquets

Thursday

Friday

Today's

Comments (17)

• inga007

My name is Ingrida, but since I had to re-register, that name was already taken. So I shortened mine to Inga.

• inga007

My name is Ingrida, but since I had to re-register, that name was already taken. So I shortened mine to Inga.

• inga007

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love your posts.
    There are always lots of pleasant surprises.

Your "plonks" are always outstanding masterpieces.

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Dear, Mr. Boxo, I feel the same way as Ingrid does. Thank you sooo much, kind sir!!!!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Ooh, I love the fish tiles!!! So cool! Lovely bouquets too! Boy, that Blaze of Glory is a hot one!

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Whoops, meant Inga, of course. ;~D

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Whoo-hoo, a great kickoff to the Labor Day weekend! Quarterback AD is doing his Touchdown! Yeeeeahhhhhhhh! and the AD Linebacks are huddled together in the bouquets for the winning game :D :D :D

hehe, I had to be creative since I don't even watch football (yikes)! But tis' the Fall Season!!! isn't it, lol! lol! Hopefully I didn't screw up the terminology bwaha!

So great to see my 2nd favorite rose of yours Hot Cocoa, and the 3rd prize clusterings of magnificent Sunset Celebration in the bouquets too! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

The Easies and Blaze of Glory are making such a Hot Show too! Whereas the fish tiles are making a mighty cooooooooool show riding on the waves of the White Eden! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Boxo!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Love the pics Boxo!

• dove_song
    12 years ago

Thanks for explaining about your real name, Ingrida. You always have such kind & thoughtful things to say here. It's GREAT to get to know you a little bit better, dear. Roses & friendship just seem to go together don't they? And my real name is Deborah. :)

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Love the bouquets! I wouldn't know how to begin to make them so outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Those tiles are outstanding!!!! I want to have a table with a top made out of those.

White Eden and Abe are gorgeous. I love, love, love your bouquets. You do so many of them that they're probably 2nd nature to you. I'm like TNY78 - I wouldn't be able to make them look so wonderful.

Don't you just love L.D. Braithwaite - mine reblooms so quickly.

Thanks for the look!
    Carol

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much everyone. Every time I sit down to post I get waylaid and distracted. So first things first.............

inga, you are so astute because 'plonk' so describes my bouquet building. Here's the process......I get a bucket of water and my pruners and I go from one end of the garden to the other harvesting. Then I go to my work station which just happens to double as my hot tub cover. I choose a vase on the following criteria: overall size/mouth opening/height that I would guesstimate I would need based on the number and types of flowers in the bucket. I typically place hydrangeas first as a foundation because they have very rigid stems and full blossoms. I then 'plonk' the other flowers by color recognizing that roses which I seldom de-thorn need to be placed where they will stay the first time because they ruin the composition if you have to remove them. Having done so many by now, I have the actual process down to about 5 minutes once the vase is full of water and I start 'plonking'.

Lovey Dovey, my mission has been accomplished if you have found enough pleasure to describe me as a kind sir. Besides, two of the first three loves in my youth shared your name :-)

KG, What can I say other than admit that I covet your gushiness :-)))))))))

Jim, thanks buddy :-)

TNY78, I just cuts them and plonks them, my garden does all the hard work ;-)

Carol, We've been going through a bit of a heat wave here lately and that spot next to the pond has become so enjoyable in the evening right after feeding the Koi. Aren't those fish tile fun ? Yeah, them long stemmed bouquets are kind of my signature by now, eh ? I agree LDB is one of my favs, those last blooms were about 8' off the ground.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Haha, Boxo, I'm back online to give one last Good Luck view (aka Rose Stalking) of the roses! And AD is gonna give me that great adrenaline rush to take on the AKC agility trials for Eluane. I won't be back online for awhile because this Labor Day Weekend we have to wait for a Lord-Blessed miracle for an Eluane placing. That is what I'm dreaming of, but alas, too scared to hope! She's gotten her 1st Place ribbons, thank the Lord for that, but it's near impossible at the advanced levels now...but we're still hoping, hoping, hoping! :D

I wanna be sure I don't miss out on your wonderful Labor-Day cookout too! so I am gonna see if I can grab a peek here and there, send one quick Whoo-hoo! and then come back later for the Extra Honey Sauce serving hahaha ;-) Have a wonderful weekend Boxo!

Ingrida and Deborah, I love the name conversation, because now we have everyone, hurrrrray! Heehee! And Deborah, lol, as you put it so wonderfully, "Roses & friendship just seem to go together don't they?" Rosie love to everyone!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Good luck Serena!!!!! I did a little bit of agility at one time, and I know that most of the mistakes were mine. Good luck trying to keep up with your border collie - they're like greased lightning!!

Carol

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Thank you so much Carol! I've been emailing poor Jim, non-stop each time we get ready to run for a Lord-Blessed miracle, and yes, Eluane got a 3rd Place ribbon and a 1st place ribbon. When I post my lumpy garden, I'll be sure to include some photos, lol! Jim's been wonderful being my rah-rah supporter! My BF, James, and my parents feel that it's a dreadful waste of time and money and we only compete 4-5x a year nowhere as often or as expensive as everyone else who competes. Everyone from Kansas and Missouri does AKC, NADAC, and USDAA. We can only afford the 4-5x a year and will only go to Kansas City or Lawrence and that is it for us, lol! ....we have so few chances of winning so everything is indeed a True Miracle. Tons of advanced handlers and trainers, soooo many border collie after border collie, Carol, in our 20" height division (the average height for most border collies)! Thanks for cheering us on, Carol, and a zillion hugs to Jim too!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Way to go Eluane!!!! Serena you must be a first rate handler to do that well!!! Maybe you practice in between the roses - go weave!!!

YAYYYY
    Carol