Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arcus_85

comin up roses

arcus_85
11 years ago

Here's what's poppin' this week in my garden. Hope you enjoy!!

Blue Girl

Cary Grant

Opening Night

Kordes Perfecta- My personal fave!

Bella' Roma

Sacred Heart

Gemini

Let Freedom Ring- This rose has improved dramatically this year from previous years. It's become one of my favorite reds!!

Elizabeth Taylor

Dream Come True

Pink Promise

Snowfire...and Boo, stopping to smell the roses!

Chicago Peace

Tahitian Sunset

And a few floribundas(and shrub)...

Light My Fire

Midnight Blue

Shockwave

Rainbow Sorbet

Pumpkin Patch

Showbiz

Comments (16)

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I love Pink Promise, such a great rose.

Your blooms are fantastic!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

So many lovely pics! Are they all blooming now? Almost nothing is blooming in my garden now after 2 months of triple-digit heat--well, a few pathetic looking blooms here or there. It is depressing. But yours look in their prime. I'm so jealous!

Kate

• inga007
    11 years ago

With so many, lovely, blooms to pick from, I was having a hard time in choosing my fave., that is, until I saw "Light My Fire", it lit mine. Fabulous. Thank you for each and every one of the lovely photos of your roses.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics! I love that PUMPKIN PATCH! Wow, hope mine gets like that some day!

• arcus_85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!!!

Krista- Pink Promise is great isn't it? When she's in full bloom you can't take your eyes off her. So classy!!

Kate- Yeah, I took all of those pictures within the last week or week and a half. We finally caught a break on the heat and I think my roses are showing their appreciation. Hang in there. Hopefully you'll catch a break too. I'll cross my fingers for you!

Inga-Thank you! It's soo hard to pick a favorite for me too. Light My Fire is so striking. Im trying to find that color in a hybrid tea for next year if you have any suggestions I'm all ears..

Beth- I'm using a new bloom boost that has brought out more colors than I ever had. Pumpkin Patch used to be kind of dull. Now it's showing more and more reds and oranges every day. If color is what you're after, try Green Light Bloom Boost. 12-55-6. It's the best!!! I swear by it.

• jktx55
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pics. Now I have a few more roses I need buy.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Arcus! They all look huge and healthy!

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

It's hard to pick a favorite out of so many beautiful blooms! Cary Grant and Opening Night are tied for my favorites. I'm quite jealous you have so many plants!

• arcus_85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

jktx55-Haha. You're very welcome. Which ones do you like?

Seil- Thank you! Hearing that from you kind of makes my day. Love your roses! I'd be golden if I could just figure out how to get rid of these flippin thrips!!! Ughh!! I've seen more insects munching on my roses this year than any year previous. Didn't have much of a winter last year so I guess I'm paying the price now. lol.

mzstitch- Opening Night never was one of my favorite reds that I have, until this year. I've been doing lots of new things and it definitely shows. Not only are my colors better but the shapes have all changed and the blooms have, in some cases, doubled in size. I now love Opening Night! That red is just so stunning! And Cary Grant is still a 1st year plant so I'm excited to see what she does in the next year or two!! Thanks for the wonderful compliment!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Lots of prettys! Love them all, but Opening Night and Midnight Blue are my personal favs! I really like the form of Opening Night....very nice & a perfect red!

Tammy

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love the blues--Blue Girl and Midnight blue. And Pumpkin Patch is eye popping. In fact, every one of your pics are lovely and inviting. I am jealous...and sympathize with Kate because we have the same situation weatherwise here, and with rose withering 10-15% humidity. Ugh. But thanks for posting your beautiful rose pics. I'm looking for that Green light Bloom Boost, but don't think I've seen it around. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Don't feel bad, Arcus, thrips were my bane this spring too! They eventually go away...

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    11 years ago

Pumpkin Patch and Gemini! Gorgeous. How "old" are they?
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Susan

• arcus_85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Tammy! Lot of votes for Opening Night and Pumpkin Patch it seems. :0)

Diane, It's actually Green Light Super Bloom. I was mistaken. Had to look at the label. lol. I swear by it. I've tried a few other bloom boosters and none of them brought out the colors like the Green Light. Once you use it you won't want to use anything else!! I got it at lowes actually. So you might try there. Good luck!! And sorry to hear about your weather. We've finally caught a break and it's been just perfect. Now I'm just fighting these thrips and spider mites. Ughh!

Seil-When??? I've read that they are the worst in early spring but I didn't even have them in the spring. Now they are starting to get a lil out of control. Chemicals only go so far and i hate killing the bees, and everything else. But i'm not really sure what else to do. Thought about covering the dirt to break the life-cycle, but wasn't sure how much dirt to cover around each bush. Wouldn't they just hop off the paper to the dirt anyway? It just doesn't seem anyone really has a fool proof way of eliminating these buggers!! Do you just let them run their course then? What is your approach?

Susan- This is both Gemini, and Pumpkin Patch's 3rd year. Thank you for the compliment!

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Just amazing! So glad you shared your wonderful roses with us!

• sweetvenge
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses...love all the color of them..very colorful and cheerful