Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Augustania

boxofrox
12 years ago

August wanes and summer slips into a state of suspended animation and fall is sequestered around the corner and we simply smile at the cool evening breeze as it whispers of nonchalance..............OR SOMETHING EXACTLY LIKE THAT ONLY DIFFERENT ;-) Here's the happs around here..............

Bouquet of the Day

White Eden

Ginger Syllabub

Lyda Rose

Midnight Blue

Dahlias

AD

Hansa

The Dark Lady

Phlox

Comments (15)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love your Bouquet of the Day.... and you wax poetic....:>)
    White Eden is in fine form too. Not too fond of the word "winter", it is coming fast
    Thanks for all your lovely blooms. They are delightful.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

You have an amazing eye, boxo! That bouquet is gorgeous! Love the way the light plays on Hansa too!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Nice pictures! It looks like one of the roses in the bouquet is a Paradise. Am I correct? I always like looking at your pictures whether I say anything or not. Thanks for sharing.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

SPECTACULAR WHOO-HOO FEST for me Boxo. Had a sixth sense to check back at the Rose Gallery even though it's 4:26 a.m. haha! Those dahlias are making a very deep impression on the Augustine August collection. AD is back to Absolute Dazzle.

Geee that Hansa has not lost a heartbeat of any of its blooms! Boy did I make a mistake on not waiting on either your Hansas or Krista's Rotes Meer! But I also credit yours and Krista's Super Power Abilities, lol! Just Amazing and so lovely!

Great to see pretty Lyda sparkle and charm again.....Love your Ginger Syllabus...

• bgrose
    12 years ago

very beautiful

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much guys.............another day, another bouquet :-)

• bgrose
    12 years ago

very lovely, thanks

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

wow! The bouquets are awesome Boxo! Great pics!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

GORGEOUS BOXO!!!! awesome views of the bouquet.

I am crazy about the glads, the Oriental Stargazer Lily (thanks to Henrique I'm now calling it the right name) and the AD together. Yayyyy, they make my Daaaaaaay!

Heyyyyy is that Oklahoma I see??? lol! I am getting ready to shovel prune my baby Baby Climbing Oklahoma next year as a "non-bloomer" but I was complaining to Jim that nooooo, it just had to torture me by sending up one tiny bud. (it hasn't bloomed all year) Now if that is indeed Oklahoma, you are further torturing me with the What-If Indecisiveness, because if that is indeed Oklahoma I'm gonna be in Big Trouble, haha. Takes a Boxo photo to make me stop the deadly shovel in spite of all the Logic and Reason! Unlike sooooome of our very patient Rosie friends here, no way am I gonna wait for a rose to bloom 1-3 years.... Boxo next year will be my record-breaking year of getting rid of roses I DON'T LIKE, lol! for one reason or another!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey thanks folks :-)

This last one was one of those you just can't capture accurately. I'd say it is one of my Top 5 favorites of all time out of the hundreds I've created. I think it was just the kaleidoscope of color, the variety of flower types and the extremely intense fragrances all blended together.

KG, now before you get all rosacidal on me I must tell you that sometimes I borrow a few reds and that bicolor (which I think bustopher referenced as Paradise) to finish off a bouquet. My next door neighbor has some miscellaneous ones growing along his driveway. I cut his wife a few bouquets and he allows me to prune a few bouquet stuffers ;-) They have great form but absolutely NO fragrance. I do believe my gangly Okie will however bless me with at least a couple more blooms this season, of which I shall be extremely and blissfully grateful :-)

My great friend AD is loaded and mid third flush and his two redheaded mates TDL and LDB are in splendid bloom as well. Both Rose of Sharons are starting now too. This w/e is mid 80's so I'll be out and about with plenty of wawa for them all along with my trusty little point and shoot :-)

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I can see why it's a favorite, it's stunning! I love glads and they add just the right element of height with the roses!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

oooo-yeaaaah, droool, droool! Yup, I figured that AD is keeping the princesses in Line Because He's Still King of the Roses. But at least your reds the L.D. Braithwaite and the Dark Lady are gonna make up for the neighbor's Scentless Wonders, bwahaha! Yours are Gorgeous Wonders with the Hubba Wubba Scent to make all the Ladies Swoon, hee-hee! Well, definitely highlight your Oklahoma when you have the chance, lol! Happy Sunday Boxo!

The secret is out on how rosacidal KG has become... Crepuscule is a definite bye-bye and baby Climbing Oklahoma is probably screaming for you to reconvert "Killer Girl" back to "Kansas Girl" aka Miss Jekyll/Miss Hyde. Jules must be given away or else it's landing in the dumpster haha! because of its lack of scent. Gonna ask a few people to adopt it...And Aromatherapy is getting awfully expensive to maintain with non-stop feedings! Hansa is fragrant right? I have a feeling that next fall I'll be making the order to replace Amelie Gravereux if it fails to have decent rebloom- so far it seems like a once-bloomer...I will see if they have the Hansa first; if no Hansa then it will be the 2nd choice Rotes Meer. Hansa's color, clean foliage and non-stop blooming is to die for, hehe, especially if it is fragrant. Haha, well at least one thing hasn't changed! My WHOO-HOOs on your SPECTACULAR, AMAZING Garden!!!

Happy Sunday, Boxo!

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful!! Your garden must be just gorgeous!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I just love your The Dark Lady!!!!

YOur bouquets are gorgeous - but I agree with you - your bottom arrangements are soooooooo beautiful. The purple glads, the vibrant lily - the luscious roses - such a treat!!!

Thank you Boxo!!!!
    Carol

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Are you kidding me!!!! Your pics are gorrrrgeous!!! Quite cute with the poetry too. I think you could grow anything thrown at you. lol!! Your arrangements are spectacular. Now you are making me rethink growing dahlias, again! I grow a few but they get so blasted tall here and I hate putting up cages to keep them from laying all over the ground. Everything here is either fried from the heat or leafless due to neglect. Cut my plants back quite a bit in hopes of a nice fall flush. We shall see. Thanks for sharing all your beauties, Judy

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022