Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Cs

Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 21:42

Caliente is a beautiful red mini bred by Frank Benardella. I got this from Nor'East 4 years ago. It's in my patio pot garden. Nice form on this one for you exhibitors (although I didn't catch it in this picture) but he black spots rather easily. Winters well though.
Caliente

These next three are new this year and I've reported on them separately so I'll just add their mug shots.
Crimson Bouquet
Crimson Bouquet
Chelsea Brittlyn
Chelsea Brittlyn
Candy Land
Candy Land

Cherish has been in my front bed for 6 years. I got her to complete the set of Love, Honor and Cherish. Then Honor promptly died, lol. Not a vigorous grower and slow to repeat but she's pretty healthy and has a lovely bloom.
Cherish

Cinderella is another 6 yr. old micro in a hanging basket. Her blooms are only about the size of a dime and she stretches to reach 10" tall. She black spots terribly but she's so thick with those teeny tiny leaves that she's never leafless. Truly amazing how strong she comes out of winter and is one of the first to bloom each year.
Cinderella

Country Music is one of my Buck roses (oh how I miss my Great Lakes Nursery!). This is not the strongest of my Buck roses. After 5 years it's still very small at about 2 ft. and it is slow repeating. It's healthy and does not BS and winters well though.
Country Music

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Cs

Marvelous colors and blooms, thanks for sharing so many wonderful roses! The first rose has such an amazing velvet petals...

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 12:02

Pretty-pretties!! I think my favorite of this bunch is CHERISH!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 14:30

Thank you!

If Cherish had any fragrance it would be perfect, Beth!

o

Frank's CALIENTE is my favorite BY FAR!!!

o

Lovely!!

I really like your Candy Land, Chelsea, and Cherish. Pinks are my favorite and you've shown some pretty ones!!
Carol

o

Mon, Aug 8, 11 at 22:18

Yeah, dove, Frank knew how to grow beautiful roses! Miss him!

I link pink too, Carol!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 22:05

Nice roses Seil!

o

Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 20:26

Thanks, Jim!

o
colette

Colette is not a good cut, but makes quite a show if the weather conditions are right (not too hot, not too damp). I should have gotten a shot of the bush; it is a fairly vigorous climber, though not that tall here (at least yet). These blooms are sticking through the stems of verbena bonariensis.
colette

o

Sat, Aug 20, 11 at 23:16

Pretty color and cupped form!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here