Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pope John Paul II Rose (6 pictures)

Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 21:48

Bud:
Pope John Paul II rose bud

Plant: my plant was a plastic-bagged own root J&P brand from a "big box" store. It is about 4' tall. Planted this year in January.
Pope John Paul II Rose

Pope John Paul II Rose

Pope John Paul II Rose

Pope John Paul II Rose

Also, here are 'Carnival Glass' miniature rose and 'Belinda's Dream' pink shrub rose.
Carnival Glass and Belinda's Dream Roses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pope John Paul II Rose (6 pictures)

Beautiful roses and photos. Thank you very much.
Lana

o

I'm liking that Pope John Paul. I might need that one. I've been wanting a white rose and that one is gorgeous. I want one for cut flowers, and it sounds like that one fits the bill.

o

yes I am loving my PJP ll also. Unfortunately so do the thrips. They are looking a bit better though. Such a gorgeous rose, and smells lovely. Nice shots you have there, hoov.

o

Hoov, your photos are stunning! I must try this one someday. Do you grow Lemon Spice, I'm just wondering if the fragrance of PJPII is better or can you determine the scent and describe.
You are lucky not to have thrips.
Thank you for the amazing show.

Carla

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 11:10

Thank you for your kind comments all!

There are thrips, just not enough of them to completely ruin the flowers. I do grow 'Lemon Spice'. 'Lemon Spice' has a more, well, lemon+spice kind of fragrance. 'PJPII' is lemon+old rose. At this point 'Lemon Spice' is stronger, but 'Lemon Spice' is well established at three years in the ground while 'PJPII' is new this year, so that is to be expected.

o

Love that PJPII. Destined to become one of the classic HT's, I think. -Paul

o

Hoov,
Yours is beautiful. Mine is not 4 ft yet. I do love this rose and I know it will grow bigger. So far, no thrips.
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here