Houzz Logo Print
lilgreenfrog

Some of mine from this year

lilgreenfrog
14 years ago

Ambiance, a miniflora that's new this year:

Blue Skies:

Country Life:

Marco Polo (behaving himself...he heard me sharpening my shovel)

Circus - the first rose I ever fell in love with; my mom grew it when I was little, and I finally got it as a band this year!

Betty Boop:

Incognito:

Sweet pea!

Michale, helping me pick strawberries:

Comments (7)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

You've got so many pretty blooms going there, Lilyfrog! I am enjoying them all especially Ambience and Country Life, and yes the dainty Sweet Pea. Your kitty looks so cute like she is enjoying the scent of those strawberries; I love her stripes.

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

What some great looking roses, I like AMBIANCE & BLUE SKIES. I had AMBIANCE but it died on me, still don't know why. At least I can enjoy yours until next year. Keep them coming.
    Harold

• lilgreenfrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, guys!
    This Ambiance pic is probably one of it's first blossoms; the rest of the summer it hasn't been terribly prolific or pretty, probably because of the heat.
    And Blue Skies doesn't have a great reputation on here - I guess it tends to want to be a one cane wonder, but I chopped mine back rather ruthlessly, and it made several new basal breaks. It's currently suffering from rust, though, so I'm manually defoliating any rusty leaves I see. Ugh. But SO PRETTY!
    And Serenasyh - the cat certainly does look cute. Almost sweet. But don't be fooled! ;) He likes to come in the house looking innocent, and then I'll see bits of rose petals all over his mouth. Roses are his Very Favorite Snack. At least he didn't EAT the strawberries...

Best,
    Lara

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Yes, i love the blooms and your cat photo!

JIM

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Well, Michale is sooooo adorable! it almost looks like he's trying to be a Kittypillar, inching forward bit by bit into the strawberries. That is so funny, that he is a rose gourmand!(someone who takes great pleasure in good food)...I bet it's the scent of the roses he loves and I bet once he tastes those strawberries-whu-oh! He just hasn't discovered them quite yet. After all rose petal jam tastes delicious and he knows that rose petals are delicious. I can just imagine his little kitty brain sort of wondering hmmm, these strawberries smell sweet like my roses. Hmmmmm, I wonder if I should try tasting these too?

He also looks like a very young kitty (puppies and kitties tend to have the shiniest fur).. How old is he?

• lilgreenfrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gosh, Mike is close to 4. His badness levels are still quite kittenish though...
    And that's a good point! I bet he'd love the taste of strawberries, since he likes roses. Good thing we've got lots of bird netting...

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

well, he is sooo cute! I hope you will post more of his kittiness.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES