Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Blooming now in beautiful Amelia county :)

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

Haven't posted any pictures for a while, although took a lot of them.

Please take a look at some roses blooming now in my garden (they are in the third flush now)

Thank you very much for looking,

Marina

Bon Chance. Very nice neat rose, quite healthy without spraying

{{gwi:1271714}}

One of my favorite English Roses - Potter and Moore. Blooms a lot for me

{{gwi:1271715}}

Larissa - outstanding shrub. Beautiful bush, lots of small exquisite flowers, very healthy

{{gwi:1271716}}

Jeanne Moreau - great 'white' rose, lovely fragrance

{{gwi:1271717}}

{{gwi:1197292}}

Another English Rose - The Pilgrim. Love the color

{{gwi:1271719}}

Pierre Gagnaire has very nice color combo - love the pinkish reverse

{{gwi:1271722}}

The Wife of Bath

{{gwi:1271723}}

Gorgeous flowers of Augusta Luise. So glad I had a chance to buy this one from Hortico a few years ago

{{gwi:1271725}}

Colette

{{gwi:1197041}}

Teasing Georgia

{{gwi:1205387}}

Hermosa. The picture might be deceptive - the blooms are small, may be 1 1/2" only :)

{{gwi:1199396}}

Baptiste Lafaye, great polyantha, superb bloomer

{{gwi:1271728}}

One of my favorite climbers - White Cap

{{gwi:1208103}}

Not so ofter mentioned English Rose - Swan

{{gwi:1271731}}

Comments (12)

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Wonderful photos!

• lesmc
    11 years ago

You have so many roses that I have never seen! I just love it when you post!! How many roses do you have? Seems like you must have tons....very jealous here. I always enjoy your arrangements and hope to see more. Your roses always look so healthy , would love to know what you feed them. It is always a pleasure to open your posts...Thanks so much for sharing. Lesley

• inga007
    11 years ago

Lovely post. A few roses I have never seen before.
    They all look so lush and healthy .

Does anybody know how to get rid of that, annoying,
    new advertising bar, that has appeared at the bottom of the page this morning?

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

They're gorgeous!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Such exquisite roses photographed perfectly. I would love to try growing Potter & Moore, and Augusta Luise--has it disappeared from commerce? Colette is new for me this year, and I am so pleased with her. It's really impossible to pick a favorite from these gorgeous photos. Please keep posting. Diane

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

To get rid of that annoying ad at the bottom of the page, google "Adblock"--it's free and will rid you of all annoying ads. Just add it to your computer--simple directions to follow.

Lovely pics--so nice browsing these beauties. I'm really taken with Bon Chance, except I wanted an Austin or an OGR for that spot--but Bon Chance might be just what I need. Hmmm--thinking.

Kate

• TNY78
    11 years ago

I love Bon Chance and Swan! I've looked at Swan a dozen times, but yours is the first picture that I've liked it it...very interesting form!

I also have Larissa, its just such a great little rose! Its a little bloom just packed with petals!

Tammy

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

Your roses are beautiful, I am adding more to my ever growing wishlist :S lol

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks a lot, everybody!

Lesley, I have a little over 1000 varieties of roses, some of them in multiples, about 2000 bushes total. As for the feeding, I fertilize SOME roses once a year with a handful of 10-10-10. And I don't spray.

Diane, I was wrong. I checked Hortico site and they still list Augusta Luise.

Marina

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful as always Marina! I like your SWAN. I think it's not seen much because it's not readily available anymore. Wish I had gotten one.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Beth! Yes, I was lucky to get this one while it was still offered here. Very nice rose, and a good bloomer, too.
    Marina

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I really like your Swan too!! It's breathtaking. I usually don't like cream/white roses...but yours is amazing!! I also really like your Jean Moureau!! Stunning!!

All of your roses are very, very pretty. Good job!
    Carol