Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arcus_85

Favorite blooms of the week

arcus_85
11 years ago

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting on gardenweb so I thought I'd share some of my favorite blooms of the week. My roses are looking better this year than they ever have and I owe alot of that to you guys. So I'd just like to say thanks to everyone. I love gardenweb!!

Paradise

Girls Night Out

Let Freedom Ring

Bella'Roma

Miss All American Beauty

Snowfire

Double Delight!!

Gemini

Melody Parfume'

Firefighter

King's Ransom

Truly Yours

Rainbow Sorbet

Opening Night

Comments (11)

• jewelie6
    11 years ago

Lovely roses and excellent photos! What zone are you in? I would love to grow a Paradise like yours.

• arkie99
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, but mostly Truly yours and Gemini. And in this heat!

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Double Delight has to be my favorite, what a classy rose!

• inga007
    11 years ago

Magnificent roses and photos. I just love the velvety petals on Paradise and Double delight.
    I hope this is only the first of many posts.

More...more...more...

• jewelie6
    11 years ago

Lovely roses and excellent photos! What zone are you in? I would love to grow a Paradise like yours.

• arcus_85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm in 5b Jewelie. West Central Ohio. Paradise was one of my best "lucky" finds this year! Thank you all for the nice comments. Paradise and Double Delight have to be 2 of my all time favorite roses. But I say that about all kinds of other roses too so, you know. lol. I'll be posting new pics every few days. I know how much I love to look at everyone else's!!

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

My Paradise flowers are much smaller. I wonder if it needs more heat. We've been pretty cool here. Does your Paradise have any scent?

Your roses are unbelievably gorgeous. I am so impressed!!!

My favs are Girls Night Out, Paradise and Miss All American Beauty!!! Drool!!!
    Thanks for the beauty!!
    Carol

• arcus_85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Carol! Yes, warm weather certainly hasn't been a problem here. In fact, it's been nothing but very warm ever since I got paradise this year. So i couldn't even tell you whether or not the blooms are any smaller in cooler weather yet! My last flush the colors weren't as dramatic, (though i'm trying something new this time around) but the flowers were a bit bigger than they are this time. My flush this time had nearly 20 flowers and the last one had only about half that( stupid deer!!), so I just assumed thats was why they were a little smaller this time. Where exactly are you located in 3a? Unfortunately mine does not have much of a smell unless you catch it about mid afternoon in full sun. Even then it's slight, but it is there. I won't complain though, it's prefect in every other way! Thanks for all the compliments!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Your roses do look wonderful, Arcus! That Firefighter is gorgeous!!! My Snowfire hasn't given me a single bloom this year and it's in a prime location. So I think the spotty, thorny thing is finally going to be OUTTA HERE!

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

I love the colors of your blooms, great pics.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Paradise is my favorite! I just love that color combo...

I have to admore you for being able to grow Snowfire and Bella Roma, those two just never did well for me. Snowfire finally got the shovel this year, and Bella Roma is on my short list of need to be SP'd. They are just so beautiful when they grow right, but I just don't have the touch for so many HTs and Grandifloras :(

Tammy