Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Time for some more pics

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Still playing with the new camera. Some pics come out good, some are not so great. But, I'm getting better with it. Here's what's been bloomin' lately, including a couple perennials and a weed!!

ABRACADABRA

{{gwi:1271883}}

BEAUTY WITHIN - one of the J&P Princess roses... hope it gets more petals as it gets established

{{gwi:1271884}}

ELMHURST

{{gwi:1271885}}

EMMA (de Meilland)

{{gwi:1271886}}

ENGLISH PERFUME - love this one I got from RU last yr

{{gwi:1271887}}

JOSHUA BRADLEY

{{gwi:1271888}}

MARDI GRAS

{{gwi:1271889}}

PEACEPORT - first bloom on my baby from Vintage

{{gwi:1271890}}

POCAHONTAS

{{gwi:1271891}}

SHOWTIME

{{gwi:1271892}}

SWIRLING ORANGE - finally found it at our HD!!

{{gwi:1271893}}

VIENNA CHARM

{{gwi:1271894}}

Dianthus

{{gwi:1271895}}

Gerbera daisy

{{gwi:1271896}}

Musk thistle - I think?

{{gwi:1271897}}

Comments (14)

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

I do love ABRACADABRA and JOSHUA BRADLEY and
    SHOWTIME
    Very pretty.

Jean

• inga007
    13 years ago

Since, most our flowers, come from weeds, they are good to photograph too. :>)

Lovely blooms. Thanks.

Inga

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

They're all lovely but Peaceport really stood out for me since it's rather unusual but in a beautiful way. Swirling Orange is really pretty although it doesn't look orange, which is probably why I like it. The colors are subtle and harmonious.

Ingrid

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

I agree with Jean!! I really like your Abracadabra, Joshua Bradley and Showtime!!! Josh is a really nice looking rose!! Does it have fragrance?

Carol

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Hallelujah! You have Swirling Orange at last!

Peaceport looks very promising. Like its color.

How does VIENNA CHARM do for you? I see it's a Kordes rose so should have good vase life??? Is color consistant?

Emma - yum.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everybody!

Inga, I think it's fun to take pics of the cool-looking weeds. And I agree... all our flowers were once weeds!!

Carol, I don't notice much fragrance on JOSHUA BRADLEY. But he's a beauty!!

Irisgal, VIENNA CHARM is a weird rose. I've had it for maybe 6-7yrs, and this is the best bloom I've ever seen on it. Actually, there was a second one that opened after this one that looked good too. But, unfortunately, they blow within a day. There are a lot fewer petals that you think on those blooms. It reminds me a lot of another rose I have that's not a very good one, and that's SIGNORA. They both have few petals and blow within a day. I'm going to s/p SIGNORA, but not VC. I like it better.

• katefisher
    13 years ago

Hey Beth. I also enjoyed Joshua Bradley and Vienna Charm. Really lovely. Thanks for taking the time to share your beauties with us.

Kate

• kitkat_oregon
    13 years ago

Beth, your roses are beautiful.. The Canada Thistle that you have is not, please pull and destroy or you will have them all over the place. Nasty, nasty weed, there isnt a part of the plant, except the roots, that does not have a very sharp prickle on it so be careful!! Kat

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Such fun to look through your roses. ABRACADABRA, JOSHUA BRADLEY , ENGLISH PERFUME and POCAHONTAS are my faves in this batch. Thanks! :)

Debbie

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Debbie!

And Kat, I definitely will get that thing pulled out as soon as I get some time. Never had it in my yard anywhere else before. In that same bed tho, I have a nasty wild sweet pea that I just can't seem to keep out of there. I hate weeds!

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

they're all lovely, but I love showtime!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

Boy that Gerbera Daisy just jumps out at me. I want a colorfast rose just that color. Joshua Bradley is my favorite of the group, although I love the color of English Perfume too. Too bad about the Thistle being a noxious weed. The flower is real "purdy".

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Great roses and flowers Beth! Your photos are always so nice and clear!

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Just as good the 2nd time around! (neglected to look at the date!)