Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flaurabunda

Renegade finally blooming!

flaurabunda
13 years ago

I finally have pictures. I was expecting more of a red, but with the blending on this mini it looks like an intense, deep pink.

It appears red only before the bud unfurls. As soon as it opens and the white parts begin reflecting sunlight, it turns pinkish. It's not as double as I thought it would be, but I'm still very happy with it. Very cute little rose!

Comments (5)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Renegade looks great flaurabunda! How big are the blooms?

• flaurabunda
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ugh, sorry Jim. I couldn't post to this particular forum today until I got home from work. Was going to describe the blooms, but a yardstick does a much better job:

Renegade is about the same size as Tabasco Cat, but much smaller than Flawless, if you're familiar with those.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Oh ok. Thank you! Nice blooms!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

What an interesting change in color!! The roses are SO cute - especially in the last picture. Delightful!

Thanks!
    Carol

• flaurabunda
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Carol! I was outside last night deadheading, and the blooms fade out to nearly white. It's really quite pretty going through its stages. Reddish-pink buds, then cherry-red open blooms, then it fades to an outline on each petal, then to white. It does not drop any petals while aging.

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!