Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Renegade finally blooming!

Posted by flaurabunda 5b, Decatur IL (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 22:38

I finally have pictures. I was expecting more of a red, but with the blending on this mini it looks like an intense, deep pink.

Renegade

Renegade

Renegade

Renegade

It appears red only before the bud unfurls. As soon as it opens and the white parts begin reflecting sunlight, it turns pinkish. It's not as double as I thought it would be, but I'm still very happy with it. Very cute little rose!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Renegade finally blooming!

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 13:10

Renegade looks great flaurabunda! How big are the blooms?

o

Ugh, sorry Jim. I couldn't post to this particular forum today until I got home from work. Was going to describe the blooms, but a yardstick does a much better job:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Renegade is about the same size as Tabasco Cat, but much smaller than Flawless, if you're familiar with those.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 19:57

Oh ok. Thank you! Nice blooms!

o

What an interesting change in color!! The roses are SO cute - especially in the last picture. Delightful!

Thanks!
Carol

o

Thanks, Carol! I was outside last night deadheading, and the blooms fade out to nearly white. It's really quite pretty going through its stages. Reddish-pink buds, then cherry-red open blooms, then it fades to an outline on each petal, then to white. It does not drop any petals while aging.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here