Golden Zest

Paul Bocuse
Paul Bocuse

Thank you very much.
Lana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos

Oh, it is so refreshing to see your beautiful roses, when my blooms burn up as soon as they open to our record heat! Hope you have had a good summer. How did Thumbs Up do? My "babies" all have done fine, in spite of the heat!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 12:56

Nice rose pics markiz37!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 13:05

Beautiful pics Lana!! Nice to see GOLDEN ZEST. Mine has yet to bloom (in 3yrs)!!

o

Your roses are beautiful and I envy that fresh, moist look when mine are struggling in the heat. It's good to see those lovely, happy looking blooms.

o

Thank you, everyone.
We has some very hot weather too, but it has cooled off and the roses are beginning to look good.
Vicki, unfortunately, "Thumbs Up" died. I think it is hard to root it, but at this time I have a lot of new cuttings of unusual varities and if more than one of each kind survive, I can offer some to you. Let's keep in touch.
Lana

o

Thought I had seen every gorgeous pink rose but St. Ethelburga takes the cake!

Our heat wave attacked today! Thank goodness I watered well over the weekend.

o

Beautiful. Cooled me right down.
Renee

o

Hi Lana, your roses are all so beautiful especially St. Ethelburga, that is so pretty, I love it!~

o

WOW to Vol de Nuit. Nice pics.

o

Hi Lana, Your roses are gorgeous. I feel I will have to add Vol de Nuit and St. Ethelburga to my list. All your roses are beautiful. I'm wondering how you pronounce your name. My daughter's name is spelled the same but, people pronounce it different all the time.
Thanks so much for the pictures,
Kitty

o

Hi Kitty, my full name is Svetlana. It's a russian name and I shorten it for simplicity.
Lana

o

Wow!!! Oh Wow!!!

Those are excrutiatingly gorgeous!! It hurts just to look at them!! :)

I love every single one of them

Vol du Nuit - the color!!!!
Imperatice - wow - the shape. Love the coloring!
St. Ethelberga - the color and the stuffedness! (is that a word?) LOL
WS2000 - wow!! If that rose is ever offered here - I'm going to get it. The greenhouse here ordered it - but they were never sent - bummer!

Golden Zest - fabulous - but I'm with Beth - only had a few blooms.

As to the heat wave - here it's around 66 F. We're getting ready for fall.

Carol

o

Hi Lana,
I have learned to explain to people that my daughter's name is a derivative of Svetlana as, they usually pronounce it to rhyme with banana. My poor girl. It drives her nuts. I've even had a nurse at the Dr.'s office tell me that I spell my own daughter's name incorrectly. Can you imagine? Anyway, she will be glad to know that she isn't the only one who knows how to pronounce her name correctly. Sorry to get off the topic of roses. Just a little motherly venting.
Thanks,
Kitty

o

Lana, I've missed your gorgeous roses. So wonderful to see them glow across the pages once again at our Forum!

o

I can't even choose a favorite, they're all so lovely! Vol de Nuit is really unusual! What a pretty shape and color, and I usually dont even like lilac roses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here