Granada
Graham Thomas
Graham Thomas
Golden Wings
Golden Wings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Gs

Seil, you have quite a nice (and extensive!) collection of roses. Thanks for sharing them here on the gallery. The photo of Golden Wings is stunning! I am looking forward to "the other letters".

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

I like this post. Enjoyed the pictures of Gs and a visit to Christina's website. Wonderful to know that there are so many dedicated and talented gardeners in this world.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 12:35

Thank you, Christina and earwig!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 12:48

Beautiful pics Seil! I love those stamens on GOLDEN WINGS!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 14:55

seil, wonderful pics!

o

A beautiful picture of Graham Thomas. What is the pink in the background?

o

Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 11:37

Thanks, Beth and Jim!

Thank you, Mantis! The rose in the background is Rose de Rescht. Sometimes they get friendly and mingle branches and they look lovely together!

o

Fantastic photography. The last two photos knocked my socks off.
Renee

o

Hi,
Beautiful shots.Can I ask the type of camera you used to take those shots?

Thanks,
Ivy2003,

o

The Graham Thomas photo looks amazing - the delineation of the petals looks superb!!!! They all look fantastic, but I also really like the Golden Celebration shot.

Tres belle!!

Carol

o

Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 20:09

Thanks, Hosen!

Thank you, Ivy. No special cameras. I have a fairly inexpensive Fuji Film Fine Pix S700. It was under $200. I've been very pleased with the quality of all the Fuji cameras I've had so I've stuck with them. I've been wanting one of their newer ones with the 30X zoom but can't afford it right now.

Carol, thank you! I know some people will put black cloth in the back to create a background but I tried that and hated it. Cloth never draped right and poster boards were too cumbersome and damaged the surrounding roses. I've learned to use what my camera can do and pick my time and light to get my black backgrounds. I always use the macro setting and the zoom together to get the sharp focus on the rose and the blurred out or black background. And I can do it standing up instead of bent over which my back really appreciates!

o

That's incredible with what you can do with a camera!! You should enter competitions. Wow!!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here