Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Summer, Gotta Love It !!!!!!!

boxofrox
12 years ago

Summer has not forsaken us just quite yet :-)

As I slaved in the garden today, I clicked a few shots...............Thanks for looking and I surely hope you enjoy !!!!!

Autumn Charm sedum

Abraham and redheads from the easement path

Midnight Blue

'Purperea' ornamental grape on a copper trellis

Sunset Celebration

Lyda Rose

Rose of Sharons

Lillies

Livin Easy and Easy Goin

{{gwi:1273025}}

'Moyer's Red' nandina

Joseph's Coat and clematis on top of walkway arbor

Hardy fuschias

'David' phlox

Comments (12)

• earwig
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Your garden is stunning! So well planned and tended, with wise selection of plants. The quality of pictures is also superior. I would vote for A+

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Oh, Boxo, AD is so sparkly and Showy and TOTALLY Glam Rockin!!!! and I miss seeing the Nandina. My new Stonecrop sedum-Boxo-inspired is about ready to bloom too! whoo-hoo, I can't wait! Wow, that's the reddest I've seen your Joseph's Coat hehe! Gee my 3rd favorite rose of yours, Sunset Celebration is so Amazingly Beautiful! Again, the Easies are just so cheery and they go-go-go like no other when placed Side-by-Side like inseparable Twins! One of the Best photos of Midnight Blue existing...Boxo, Lyda rose is like a Disney fairytale!

Hey, on my Lumpy thread you have got to check out my camera experiments! Jim's Baby Napoleon Distant Drums got to be my Ralph Lauren Cover Boy Model. I forgot to mention to the rose folks that 2011 is the Camera Experiment. I used to have to wake up super, super early or wait until sunset/ almost dusk in order to take the perfect photo but have been messing around with manual settings on my Canon. Jim told me which photo (TV) setting he liked best so it will be interesting getting your thoughts on which you like best too! It's a bit hard for me to tell since everyone's monitor is going to be different.

Have a happy Sunday!!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Momma wanted to do the pressure washing of the upper deck and the pond deck so I made this...................and loaded the pics whilst eating lunch ;-)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Awesome pics their Boxo! Our August has been full of rain.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Enjoy them indeed! Everything looks sooo beautiful! I love your iron and wood fence. Everything is toast here in Georgia and I am just waiting on cooler weather to get some more beautiful roses and hopefully green grass again. :))) Your arrangement is beautiful as well. Judy

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Om nom nom nom nom, Rooooo-sies, Om nom nom nom! James and I were talking about Cookie Monster and you brought up lunch Boxo....so I thought I'd put the two together. Yuuuummy Boo-quet! Om nom nom nom nom, Roooo-sies! :D :D :D

• earwig
    12 years ago

Are you in Seattle? We have not had any rain for quite a while, and my roses are wilting if I don't water them. Your garden looks like it does not need any water; all flowers are in superior shape.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I sure did enjoy them all! Your garden is gorgeous and your fence is stunning too! Where did you find such beautiful iron work gates?

• lesmc
    12 years ago

So beautiful! Lush and glorious! I do have a question tho...Do you feed your hydrangeas ? They are so beautiful with so many blooms. Just wondering!! Lesley

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Your hydrangeas never seem to take a break. Do hydrangeas bloom all summer????

Such lovely bouquest and such long stems!!!

The Tiger Lilies in the first shot really add some drama!!

Love, love, love them all!!

Carol

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Wow. Totally amazing photos and garden! It must be so much fun. I was also wondering about the hydrangeas and how long they bloom and if they need shade?

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    8 years ago

Old thread but such a beautiful garden.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County