Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Princess Alexandra of Kent

Posted by cactus_joe 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 24, 08 at 0:46

Princess Alexandra of Kent at the RHS Hampton Palace Flower Show, 2008 - this is one of my favourites.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Princess Alexandra of Kent

Is this as gorgeous in person as it is in your photos? Austin has done it again!

o

You've captured this rose beautifully. When I first saw this rose on the David Austin's website, I wasn't inspired by it. Now, my mind has changed.

What's the scent like? Is it strong?

o

Very pretty!

o

Wow. Another amazing set of photos. Such enabling.
Kathy

o

It appears to be an interesting color for a beautiful rose. Is your photograph accurate in color, or is there some lighting interfering with the actual color? It appears to be an almost salmon pink.

o

The show is held under a large marquee - the fabric of the tent does give it a warmer glow than normal - as I have explained before. I have made no attempts to massage the colour digitally.

o

They are so pretty.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 27, 08 at 19:17

Wow that is really gorgeous. Now I have to hope it won't be for sale in the US...

o

Beautiful ! Also one of my favourites.

o

It´s a lovely rose with a strong fragrance. The flower lasts during a long time.

o

Your photos are a treat peak at a spectacular rose! Thanks!
Sandra

o

Now! I'm really excited as I have PA in my garage in the box it was shipped in from Pickering. I'm just waiting for the temp to raise above freezing and I'll pot it up. I was too late last year with my order and it was sold out.

o

Sorry HoovB, it IS for sale here, and it is a GREAT rose. Big buxom smelly blooms, in the manner of Abe Darby. If you like AD, you will like this one. And the stems are strong enough to hold the blooms up, which is unusual for young Austin in my yard -- usually it takes the plant a while to catch up in maturity with the blooms. But the size of the blooms is what sells this one, and it's a good grower.

Kathy

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 27, 10 at 22:36

Wowee Wow! on the color and bloom form. Still I'm always leary of Austin roses and their octopus arms and disease problems. Hope to hear more about this rose in the future.

o

Man o Man!! I love it!!!

Sounds like it has some great attributes. I love Abe, so that sounds great!!

If I ever see it - I'm getting it for my potted garden!!

Carol

o

Beautiful pics!
I've been so tempted to get this rose - walked by it so many times every time I visit the garden center, nice scent too. Alas, Tokyo affords no more space :(

Best,

tokyorose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here