Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this LD Braithwaite?

Posted by Emanios 8B (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 0:55

I just received a few roses from an online source, The LD Braithwaite has a couple of blooms that are single bloom and fuschia in color. Is this because the plant is immature or is it the wrong rose. Thank you for your help.

Image link: Is this LD Braithwaite? (46 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this LD Braithwaite?

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 21, 11 at 20:14

Not sure how helpful this will be but its an example of my David Austin bush, Leander, when I first rec'd it as a band, and how its blooms look now that its been in the ground for 2 seasons....Much different! However, I have rec'd incorrect plants before, and the nurseries have always been very quick to send out a replacement...

Immature Leander bloom (2 years ago)
Photobucket

Mature bloom on Leander
Photobucket

o

My guess would be not as well. Red is hard to photo accurately but I would vote no based on the petals and stamens. Here's mine for comparison...........

Photobucket

o

I would say to keep your eye on it. I have had LDB, Munstead Wood, and the HT Veteran's Honor all start out with dark pink flowers that darken with time especially when the plants are new. They eventually correct their colors. Petal count can be quite variable with temperature. If you get some cooler weather, and it sets flowers, then you should be able to tell. My LDB at the moment has some flowers on it, and they are quite red, but very rarely do they have the petal count as shown in David Austin's catalog. When they do, they are gorgeous.

o

Thank you all so much for you help! I'll keep an eye on her, but the second bloom is now fushcia with white at the bases of the petals...likely not LDB.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here