Comments (15)

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pristine

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A big messy bouquet of Abraham Darby but I straightened them out later and they smelled wonderful all day

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is casey keeping me company while I pick off old blooms that got fried in the 100+ temps

• inga007
    10 years ago

Lovely blooms, but pristine looks so pink.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Love your bouquets Kitty, lovely roses. Cute helper too.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely! My Pristine used to get that pink blush all the time too. Casey is a cutie!

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

I adore your Abe Darby bouquet!! So, so, so stunning!! Oh Wow!

Your first bouquet is no slouch either. Took my breath away!

Thanks so much!!
    Carol

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Very pretty bouquet! I love to cut my roses and bring them in the house. I bet your home smelled SO good! lesley

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Rouge Royale picture is beautiful. Do you have those roses planted alongside one another in the garden?

I think Pristine has the most elegant form. And Abe the bestest of fragrances.

And Casey looks like the bestest of cats. Sweet face.

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They would look nice next to each other in the garden. Strawberry suggested I try banana peels and some molassses to get deeper colors. I just tried a little of the molasses. Mostly banana peels. I think the fragrance is improving on Abe. Maybe it was cooler temps that gave Pristine that lovely color. I know it opens fast, but I love catching it when it has that shape. Maybe it was all the extra water I put on during the heat. Well who knows but today I got a Jude the Obscure that was strongly citrus scented. Usually its more fruity to me. Kim said to bring out fragrance, put the roses in the bath where humidity is higher. So then you all get to look at them in my bath.

• prickles
    10 years ago

Kitty

Beautiful bouquets! Your Rouge Royale looks so healthy and clean, and so does Abe--even though he's been known to rust terribly for many growers in SCa.

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Ooooooh...one delightful photo after the next. Love them all and your kitty cat!! Thanks! :)

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Kitty,
    I would stop with the molasses. If your soil is iron deficient all the leaves of the plants will be yellowish with green veins. You can google iron chelate for information.

I've been burying banana peels for over a year now and the colors of the roses are not any deeper/richer. Spring bloom may be more apricot and late summer more pink. Weather, weather, weather. Of mine I notice Abe, Chicago Peace and Colette are affected by temperatures.
    Royal Sunset, Tiffany and Tournament of Roses not so much.
    I will continue burying the peels and other organic material for soil improvement (mine is adobe). The peel part disintegrates quickly but stems take awhile.

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

The ABRAHAM DARBYs are beautiful. But I really love that kitty cat!! What a beauty!

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are all so nice. I love this time of year when the cool air comes at night. Iris, the cooler weather certainly brings out the beautiful colors.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting