Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Rose Bushes

Posted by home_grower SoCal Z9 S18 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 3:53

I have been fixing up a part of my front yard that has been neglected for the last few years. A nursery not too far from here was having a summer sale on all their roses in #5 pots for under $11 so I bought 7 new plants to spruce it up. These are pretty large plants so it makes a nice instant rose garden.

Secret

Unlabeled 2 (have metal tag)

Chihuly

Strike it Rich

Betty Boop

Purple Tiger

I will take a larger shot once I finish planting and adding the mulch on top.

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Rose Bushes

Chris, what a bargin you found. They all look Great I especially like STRIKE IT RICH & PURPLE TIGER.Hope to see more soon.
Harold

o

Great bargain and an instant garden, you can't beat that!
You have some very nice roses home_grower!

JIM

o

Unlabeled 2 might be the floribunda Cherry Parfait? The coloring and the changes look a lot like mine.

You have lovely roses.

Kate

o

Thanks everyone and thank you for the ID Kate.

They say it will finally drop under 100* this weekend so I might get a chance to plant the last three and enjoy them in the daytime.

The roses are mostly for my wife's benefit but I do enjoy them too. I am more into productive plants. Tomorrow I will return to the nursery and if it's still there I hope to buy a Cot-N-Candy Aprium in a 10 gallon container that's also on sale. I had my eye on it before the sale and if it is still there it will be mine. (insert scarry laughter)

o

Your wife must be very happy. I hope you got the plant you wanted.

o

Home Grower,
Your roses look so promising!!!
I wish you all the luck with them. :o)
Marina

o

Great looking roses!! I agree with Kate on #2 being Cherry Parfait - looks just like mine as well.

Michelle

o

Wonderful assortment of roses.

An instant garden is wonderful

Great pictures

Florence

o

Thanks all. I did get the tree I wanted on sale and it was the last one. I like Pluot's so much I bought a Dapple Dandy tree the day after eating one. I have been thinking about getting an Aprium as well. I picked it up today. It's a Cot-N-Candy and looks very healthy.

I got a nice bonus today as well. The Strike it Rich actually has two plants in one bucket. You can see it in the picture above on the lower left. the second buds hadn't opened up yet until today. I looked down at the soil and there are two seperate roots in it. The second looks somewhat like my George Burns.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here