Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
French Lace

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 5:03

I think this floribunda is exquisite. Only recommended for zone 6b or warmer. :-(

French Lace - Warriner '80
 photo FrenchLaceDSC03393_zpsd4dababe.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: French Lace

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 12:23

Nice rose iris_gal!
The only white rose I tried before was Sweet Afton..
But had to SP...

o

I love this rose and your photo is lovely. I really have to winter protect mine, but so far so good. Guinevere is my top white rose, with Pope John Paul a close second.Bolero is coming along nicely, but there is something so sweet about French Lace. Lesley

o

Thanks Jim. I've never seen Sweet Afton in person. Was she a disease magnet?

Lesmac -- I've looked up Guinevere at HMF and it is absolutely charming! Glad to hear it's excellent. Hope you post pictures of her. I've been lusting for Sombreuil and White Gold. I'll add Guinevere to that short list. Only room for one.

o

I have a Sweet Afton but own root it does not make as many flowers as French Lace. The scent is much better. My Sweet Afton must have the hips removed or it will stop flowering. The hips grow very large and round. The coloring of French Lace is so pretty. In cooler weather it is a soft ivory or vanilla fading to white over a few days.

o

Lovely rose. So sweet.
Carol

o

Kitty ~ good information on Sweet Afton. I wonder if that's why 'Compassion' isn't reblooming better. Couldn't reach the top blooms to deadhead and there are big fat hips.

Thanks Canadian Rose ~ I wish everyone who loves sweet-looking roses could have this one.

o

My VID French Lace from Vintage has just made a light yellow bloom. I never saw that before. It is a young plant, just getting ready to be planted out of a one gallon pot this fall. I wonder if it is going to keep making light yellow flowers or cream like the older grafted plant I have does.

o

It is such a lovely, delicate rose, really nice.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 14:57

iris_gal,

Our Sweet Afton was a blackspot magnet here and dropped
its petals within 24-48 hours after opening...
I seen them blow within 12 hours after opening on 90 degree days....
Ours was own-root... Not much vigor either...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here