Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mme Isaac Pereire

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 10:05

Even though these are the only blooms on Mme Isaac Pereire at the time, I was excited to see them.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 10:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mme Isaac Pereire

Gorgeous Sara Ann! I would be excited too! Love all the petals!!!

o

Oh my that is swoon worthy! Just beautiful Sara-Ann. How big does MIP get?

o

So beautiful! Thanks for posting this.

o

Oooooooooooooh! Pretty, pretty! I ordered MIP from heirloom and should be getting it soon. How exciting! Does this rose require anything special? I hope it can stand the heat and humidity here in Louisiana! Thanks for sharing!

o

Bayourose,

I grew Madame Issac Pierre years ago in your neighboring state and it was a sensational rose for me. It will take heat aad humidity fine. Beware! She produces thick, long, and very thorny canes, if I remember correctly. Don't go to war with her. LOL

Best,

Jack

o

Thank you everyone. I love my MIP. It is getting fairly large and seems very healthy. We have plenty of heat and humidity here, I am sure Jack is right, it would do great for you Bayourose. I planted mine in the spring of 2013, it along with my Zephirine Drouhin are growing by leaps and bounds!

o

Lovely, I bet that cluster smells great!

o

Mmmmmm!!!!! Lovely!!! I sure would like to smell it.
Carol

o

Thank you, Brittie and Carol. Yes, it does have a wonderful fragrance!

o

Thanks Jack and Sara-Ann! I am so hopeful that it will do well. I have read about it's wonderful fragrance and I am very excited to have this rose in my yard. I am hoping I won't go to war with it, too! LOL! Thanks again! I love this site cause everyone is so helpful! :)

o

Thank you so much Bayourose! I agree there are some very helpful people on this forum!

o

Sarah-Ann: Great pic of what I know is a great rose, altho I have not tried it yet. I think I may have thought it was a BS magnet. Is it healthy for you?

There are some roses we just cannot grow here because of blackspot - Peace for instance. I have tried several times.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 3, 14 at 19:14

What a lovely spray! I have a tiny rooted cutting I'm babying along. It may be quite a while before I see any blooms.

o

Thank you Paul and Seil. So far my MIP seems healthy, it is putting on lots of new growth, with no signs of disease. Since 2011 we have had less than normal rainfall, so I don't think blackspot has been as much of a problem as it usually would be. I hope it is resistant, so far it seems like a very good rose. I want us to get back to normal rainfall, but I've sure enjoyed my Peace roses with not too much blackspot issues, I'll try to enjoy them as long as I can

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here