'Elina'

paulieinct
13 years ago

The incomparable 'Elina'.

Comments (21)

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

'Monkey Business' is a new J&P floribunda. So far, I like.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A Griffith Buck rose, very winter hardy and mostly carefree.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

'Grandma's Yellow', aka 'Nacogdoches', also being referred to as the yellow rose of Texas. First year, own-root, but very vigorous, no blackspot, some mildew, flowers have great color, but no form. Don't know yet about winter hardiness.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

...aka 'Parole', the blooms can sometimes be enormous, hence "buxom".....

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is a Griffith Buck hybrid, great two-tone color.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

An enormous towering perennial, strutting its stuff.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I forget the cultivar name, but it's a good one. Grows to only 6' instead of the usual 8' or more.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Your roses look great Paul! Helianthus sure is strutting her stuff. lol. Looks great!

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Very enjoyable thread, Paul! Looks like you've mastered posting more than one photo on your thread. :)

I agree with you. ELINA just has that certain something. I recall seeing her for the first time. It was at a rose show when I was brand new to roses. I thought that there was something wonderfully different about that rose. I'd look at all the other roses and very much enjoyed them. But I kept walking back over and looking at her. She left a very good impression on me.

He,he, I just love the name MONKEY BUSINESS. Such a lighthearted, fun name. Yours looks great!

Lovely coloring on your IOWA BELLE, BUXOM BEAUTY, and LES SJULIN.

And your HELIANTUS cheerfully strutting its stuff was a great way to end this thread. Thanks!! :)

Debbie

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jim and Debbie. I still haven't figured out how to post multiple pix in the same post. Somehow when I toggle back and forth from photobucket to Rose Gallery to get each html code, I lose what I already posted. ?????

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Sorry I can't help you with posting multiple photos on the same post, Paul. Would some kind person here help Paul with this??

Debbie

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Paul,

Your photos are parked at Photobucket I see. Now when your are viewing your album and allow your mouse to hover underneath 4 labeled lines of code will appear. Highlight the 3rd line (HTML Code), copy it, and paste here in your message. (is that what you did above?) Back to Photobucket to copy more code & paste in your message. Most browsers allow several tabs to be open so you can go back and forth between websites.

For a bunch of photos I copy first to Notepad & add anything I want to say, then copy the whole thing and paste it here.

When you preview your message the photos appear.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Love Elina and Monkey Business. And the Helianthus - such a good late summer plant.

Your anti-malware/anti-virus may have a setting that is causing the erasure of your 'semi-message'. Or a setting in your browser. Very strange.

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

Great roses, Paul. When I started posting multiples, I sometimes put my post onto Word first and then copied and pasted it as suggested above. No problem the way it is though.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all, and thanks Kathy and Iris_gal for the tips. I think I know now what I was doing wrong.

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

What was it Paul? TIA

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

I'm trying to remember the name of this helianthus-I think "Lemon Queen"? It certainly is a cheerful addition to your garden.
    The roses are lovely. I have never seen or heard of les sjulin, but what a beauty!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Paul,

Each pic has it's own HTML code which needs copy & pasted into your post for multiples.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Great roses Paul. It took me a while to figure it all out too but you will get there. After I get my first picture copied over like you do each one then I skip down a few lines and then repeat the step again in the same post. Its kinda hard to explain and I think I might try it the way mentioned above and see if its any easier. The way I usually do it is pretty easy now that i'm used to it but their way may be even easier. Good luck and thanks for sharing your beauties. Judy

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jim and Judy. I was pasting the HTML codes, but the problem was evry time I went back to photobucket to copy another code, I would go back to Rose Gallery and my unfinished post was no longer there. I think I have figured out a way to not lose the post. I'll let you know if I succeed. Thanks. -Paul

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rootygirl: Yes, Lemon Queen rings a bell. I think that may be the helianthus cultivar. Nice shade of yellow, totally unlike the brassy black-eyed susans, etc.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner