Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Sunday Blooms...

Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 12:07

Had a good week this week for roses in bloom...here are some highlights!

Edina
Photobucket

Koko Loco
Photobucket

Rainbow Sorbet
Photobucket

Miss Prissy
Photobucket

Louis Phillipe in a first year flush
Photobucket

Rouge Royal
Photobucket

Summer Night (miniflora)
Photobucket

Tournament of Roses
Photobucket

Honey Dijon
Photobucket

John F Kennedy
Photobucket

Jacqueline du Pre
Photobucket

Nacogdoches
Photobucket

And last but not least...my Toad Lily! In 5 years this is its first and only bloom...lol (sorry had to share because I was excited!)
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Sunday Blooms...

TNY, you've got some beautiful roses right now! I am enamored by Koko Loco color!
Your Toad Lily is very cute!
Marina

o

I enjoyed those so much. My roses have fried for months and now are shivering in the rain and chilly air--so sad! It's a joy to see so many beautiful roses like yours in healthy bloom.

Kate

o

Great pics, lovely roses. I really like the fragrance of Edina.

I like the Toad Lily as well, that's neat.

o

Looks indeed that you had a very good week in terms of your blooming roses. I especially love Edina, a rose that is not seen that often. John F. Kennedy has produced a flower with star quality for you. This rose is not that easy to grow but when it flowers properly than it is really fabulous.

The Toad lily is lovely!

Thanks for sharing!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 23:01

Thanks for all the great comments on the roses...and my tiny Toad Lily too!

You know, I don't think I've ever actually bent down and smelled Edina...I'll have to do that tomorrow! I guess I'm always worried my nosey neighbor (who probably already thinks I'm a loon for having all these roses), will think so even more if he catches me sticking my nose into them! lol..then again...who cares! :)

And Christina, I have to confess, as great of bloom s as JFK is putting out this year (his legs are bald as can be!!)

o

Koko Loco is especially well photographed, with good choice of perspective and distance.

o

Lovely photos.
I haven't seen Jacqueline du Pre, for a while and had forgotten her long "eye lashes".

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 19, 11 at 15:31

All beauties, Tammy! I like the looks of both Miss Prissy and Summer Night a lot!

o

OOOOoooo these are all GORGEOUS Tammy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here