Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Fall of a Sudden

boxofrox
12 years ago

All of those telltale signs of what lies around the corner were evident in the garden yesterday along with that feeling that once summer decides to leave, it will do so in a hurry. Still I couldn't help but smile at how generous the garden was this season as I cut one of the last bouquets and noticed those last few buds that will supply another one or two. Here are a few shots from yesterday, I thought I'd do it backwards and post the bouquet first :-) Thanks so much for looking, I hope you enjoy, and I hope you get out and love your garden as much as you can before those long dark days make it so much more difficult.

AD's Nth Flush

LD Braithwaite

Glowing Embers hydrangea (from two sides of the bush)

The Easy Bunch

Some dahlias

Some Sedums

'Suzie'

'Autumn Charm'

'Blue Wave' hydrangea

'Flava' trumpet vine

Hardy fuschia

Aster

Comments (11)

• lesmc
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow!! I always look forward to your pictures, and they did not disappoint! I wish I had your green thumb!HA! Thanks for making my day. Lesley

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Boxo, the bouquets, AD, and the new purple Dahlias are totally coloring my World, whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo! AD is just sooo amazing and so bountiful and always makes Fall SPRING! into beauty....Just had to heap my KG puns, lol! The Easies, fuchsia, and LDB are pushing their extra color pinwheel as well. What a merry-go-round of colors! By the way, what is so special about the purple dahlias is the form as well...and the curl of the dahlia petals in the third bouquet photo is to Die For! Beautiful!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Lovely, Boxo! The colors are extra vivid in the fall!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great photos Boxo!!!
    Things went very sour here for roses. It's been raining alot since August 1, and things went South...

• inga007
    12 years ago

Thank you for the lovely, colourful post. Real eye candy.
    Have never seen the yellow trumpet vine, only the orange one.
    Thanks to you postings of Abe Darby, I have a large supply in my slide show, but the orange roses "get me" each time.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Beautiful as always! I wish I had that talent! Out of curiosity, what type of rose is on the right hand side of the top bouquet, and middle of the second pic (has the smaller red cupped blooms)? I love them!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

When it comes to hydrangeas, can you beat the Northwest? What are the names of your favorite dahlias?

• bgrose
    12 years ago

Charming, gorgeous, incredibly beautiful!

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

What a great collection of pictures---thanks so much for sharing---

Florence

• C Schaffner
    12 years ago

How inspiring you are. You make me want to go out and create some bouquets. Maybe next spring I will give it a try. I have a bunch of vases I have been collecting, may as well use them for something beautiful.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Tis sad indeed to see the end of your bouquets. I just love all the colors in your bouquet!!! The green/purple phlox/hydrangea? is incredible!!!

Thanks!!

Carol