Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall of a Sudden

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 12:09

All of those telltale signs of what lies around the corner were evident in the garden yesterday along with that feeling that once summer decides to leave, it will do so in a hurry. Still I couldn't help but smile at how generous the garden was this season as I cut one of the last bouquets and noticed those last few buds that will supply another one or two. Here are a few shots from yesterday, I thought I'd do it backwards and post the bouquet first :-) Thanks so much for looking, I hope you enjoy, and I hope you get out and love your garden as much as you can before those long dark days make it so much more difficult.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

AD's Nth Flush

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LD Braithwaite

LDB

Glowing Embers hydrangea (from two sides of the bush)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Easy Bunch

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some dahlias

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some Sedums

'Suzie'

Photobucket

'Autumn Charm'

Photobucket

'Blue Wave' hydrangea

Photobucket

'Flava' trumpet vine

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hardy fuschia

Photobucket

Aster

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall of a Sudden

Wow!! I always look forward to your pictures, and they did not disappoint! I wish I had your green thumb!HA! Thanks for making my day. Lesley

o

Boxo, the bouquets, AD, and the new purple Dahlias are totally coloring my World, whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo! AD is just sooo amazing and so bountiful and always makes Fall SPRING! into beauty....Just had to heap my KG puns, lol! The Easies, fuchsia, and LDB are pushing their extra color pinwheel as well. What a merry-go-round of colors! By the way, what is so special about the purple dahlias is the form as well...and the curl of the dahlia petals in the third bouquet photo is to Die For! Beautiful!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 19:54

Lovely, Boxo! The colors are extra vivid in the fall!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 25, 11 at 21:01

Great photos Boxo!!!
Things went very sour here for roses. It's been raining alot since August 1, and things went South...

o

Thank you for the lovely, colourful post. Real eye candy.
Have never seen the yellow trumpet vine, only the orange one.
Thanks to you postings of Abe Darby, I have a large supply in my slide show, but the orange roses "get me" each time.

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 20:57

Beautiful as always! I wish I had that talent! Out of curiosity, what type of rose is on the right hand side of the top bouquet, and middle of the second pic (has the smaller red cupped blooms)? I love them!

o

When it comes to hydrangeas, can you beat the Northwest? What are the names of your favorite dahlias?

o

Charming, gorgeous, incredibly beautiful!

o

What a great collection of pictures---thanks so much for sharing---

Florence

o

How inspiring you are. You make me want to go out and create some bouquets. Maybe next spring I will give it a try. I have a bunch of vases I have been collecting, may as well use them for something beautiful.

o

Tis sad indeed to see the end of your bouquets. I just love all the colors in your bouquet!!! The green/purple phlox/hydrangea? is incredible!!!

Thanks!!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here