Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Rs

Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 10, 11 at 13:03

Robin Alonso, miniflora, pretty red color but can have weak stems.
Robin Alonso

Ruffled Cloud is a deeper pink but not too bright and good bloomer.
Ruffled Cloud

Rose de Rescht smells sooo good! Only really gets one bloom flush in spring here though.
Rose de Rescht

Reine des Violettes makes RdR seem like a slacker in the fragrance department! You can smell it from 6 feet away! Also only blooms once for me.
Reine des Violettes

Red Intuition is a gorgeous florist rose that's turned out to be a great garden rose! Very vigours grower and bloomer, good winter hardiness too, but it will black spot.
Red Intuition

Rise n Shine is a sweet Ralph Moore mini with very bright yellow blooms that hold their color pretty well.
Sunny Kordana

Rural Rhythm is a lovely soft pink Buck rose with good fragrance. It does have weak necks though.
Rural Rhythm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Rs

Give me fragrant roses every time....

Thanks for posting your alphabet.

o

What a lovely pic of Rural Rhythm !

I like Red Intuition also.

You must grow lots of minis. What percentage of your roses are minis?

At any rate, they are all lovely.

Kate

o

Seil--The pics of Ruffled Cloud and Rural Rhythm (They are two I have never seen) should be in a magazine. Great photo's.-- Ron

o

SEIL--i have enjoyed your pics even though I have not commented very often. Would love to work up a Roseart using your roses if you don't mind.--RON

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 20:30

Thanks, Inga, I like the smelly ones too!

Thank you, Kate. We've had a lot of rain so I have a lot of pictures of wet roses! Some people don't care for the water drops in the pictures but sometimes I think they're lovely. I'm probably at about 50/50 right now with regular and mini roses. A lot of them stay smaller so they take less space and/or smaller pots. Some of them can get quite large though.

Thank you so much, Ron! What a nice compliment! I wouldn't mind at all if you used some in your art works.

o

LOVE your Reine des Violettes!

o

What a beautiful pic of Reine des Violettes, Seil. I love the blend of colors.

I, too, grow RdV. I get a handful of blooms in the summer and autumn, but it's not a heavy rebloomer....

o

Wow, your shot of Rural Rhythm is so elegant! Love, love, love the color on Ruffled Cloud. Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 20:00

Thanks, Hose!

Thank you, Krista, mine has given me one or two blooms in the fall but not every year. I guess it depends on the weather.

Thank you, Judy. Surprisingly for such a pale color RR doesn't get brown spots or ball in the rain. Ruffled Could is a deep pink but is not HOT pink or fuchsia. It has a very decorative form and holds it's color and blooms well. No fragrance though.

o

Oh, Sail, your pictures are wonderful. My absolute favorite is Rural Rhythm. It is to die for! So beautiful and refined. Raindrops make her even prettier.
Marina

o

Seil, very beautiful roses, again! Your shot of Reine des Violettes is to die for. I grow this rose, too, but it doesn't like my alkaline soil it seems. Seeing you pictures makes me want to try even harder to make mine more happy by acidifying the soil.

The last photo of Rural Rhythm is gorgeous. I haven't heard about this rose, so thanks introducing it to me.

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

Seil: Thanks for making me happy with your pictures.

o

Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 1:28

Thank you, Marina! I've been very happy with RR. It was one of the last roses I got from Great Lakes before they closed and Alan picked it because he liked the fragrance. I wanted Distant Drums but he doesn't care for the "dirty brown roses", as he calls them, so we got RR instead and I'm glad we did.

Thanks, Christina. I don't really know what kind of soil I have. The subdivision was built on reclaimed lake bed (in the 50s, the DNR won't let builders do that now) and it's mostly sticky gray clay. RdV seems to be happy with it though. She's enormous! Close to 12 feet tall. I've been bending the canes around and tying them to a trellis. She broke the steel trellis! But I'm afraid to prune her back because I know she resents heavy pruning. I don't know what to do with her!

Thank you, Strawberry, I'm glad you enjoy them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here