Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieburgess3

Some arrangements

carrieburgess3
13 years ago

Well we survive Earl, fairly unscathed here in Nova Scotia. And it is a beautiful sunny, not too hot, not too cold sort of a day here today.So I thought I would share some of the latest arrangements from my garden with all of you in the hopes they will bring some sunshine your way.

Carrie

Here is a link that might be useful: My Cottage Garden

Comments (13)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Carrie, these are exquisite! I think you could put together some gorgeous bridal bouquets. How wonderful that you have so many beautiful roses blooming in September. I'm having a hard time trying to keep everything from frying in the heat.

Thanks for these lovely pictures.

Ingrid

• majenta
    13 years ago

Beeoootiful!!

• patreesh
    13 years ago

Carrie, I don't think I've ever seen anything lovelier - really. Would you mind sharing the information regarding which roses you grow and what is your secret to having all of those gorgeous blooms at this time of year? I live in Central New York and, other than a blanc de Coubert rugosa, I have absolutely no roses blooming.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Very nice pics carrieburgess3!

• carrieburgess3
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone!!!

Patreesh, This has been a good year for my rose, lots of sunshine. Although I am fairly new to gardening, this is only my fourth season. I just jumped in with both feet. So to be honest, I don't have a whole lot to compare to. But I can tell you what I do. I feed once per month from May to July. I give all my egg shells, coffee grounds and banana peels to my gardens year round. And of course I water them from beneath regularly. And of course many bloom in flushes so it's a bit coincidental that so many are in bloom right now.

I have;
    Heritage, Austin Rose
    Abraham Darby, Austin Rose
    Lillian Austin, Austin Rose
    Graham Thomas,Austin Rose

Pascali, Hybrid Tea
    Elle, Hybrid Tea
    Blue Girl, Hybrid Tea
    Miss All American Beauty, Hybrid Tea

Sexy Rexy, Floribunda Rose
    Margret Meril, Floribunda Rose

Belinda's Dream, Shrub Rose
    Morden Blush, Shrub Rose
    Alba Meidiland, Modern Shrub Rose

The Fairy, Polyantha Rose
    New Dawn, Climbing Rose

I hope this helps.

Carrie

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

Just beautiful! Such soft, romantic colors. I also like the dark red hollyhocks(?).The 8th bouquet with the hollyhocks and lily is the loveliest shape.

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Just beautiful! That nigella looks interesting in the last bouquet. I've never tried growing it, but it probably wouldn't like my heat here.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

The subtle color variations in your bouquets are so soothing and beautiful!

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Beautiful------I think the first one says "bridal bouquet"

LOVELY !

Florence

• edmonton83
    13 years ago

I'm very envious, I can't grow those roses here in my zone 3 garden.

Happy gardening.

• mnkitty
    13 years ago

Carrie,
    They are amazingly beautiful. If you aren't paid to do this, you should be. The bouquets are perfect and the topiary is so cool.
    Thank you,
    Kitty

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Exceptionally refined and artful arrangements, Carrie. You are very talented!! Thanks. :)

Debbie

• sanrosa
    13 years ago

Carrir~
    I agree with all the compliments, and every time I see your work I want a piece of wedding cake!
    Sandra

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia