Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd Week of September's Blooms

Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 13:23

Here's what's bloomed over the past week! We had a week solid of rain after 2-3 weeks without any, and it seems to shock the roses into producing again!

Add you own too! Thanks! ~Tammy

Christopher Marlow
Photobucket

The Coxswain
Photobucket

Grumpy (I still am looking for Bashful and Sneezy to complete my dwarves set)
Photobucket

Koko Loco
Photobucket

Leading Lady
Photobucket

Limoncello
Photobucket

Pinata
Photobucket

Tulsa Town
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd Week of September's Blooms

Lovely roses, but I had to laugh when I saw Marlow and friend.
The bumblebees are positively "drunk" in the roses. While taking a few snaps, I found one fast asleep inside a rose, when I shook the bloom, it buzzed very loud, flipped over on it's back and went back to sleep.
Thanks for your photos.

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 17:30

Thanks Inga...I couldn't decide whether to put the C Marlow picture of just the bloom, or the one with the huge bee which was a little out of focus! The bee won...he was having a great time! I went to get a closer pic without using zoom, and it flew up out of the bloom, looked at me, and went tright back to what he was doing! haha You know everyone always asks me if I get stung very often because of all the flowers in my yard, and I always tell them that I rarely (maybe once every couple years) get stung because the bees are much more interested in the flowers than me :)

o

Seil, I love Coxswain's peachy pink, Tulsa Town is a high flying act with those super oranges, I love Lemincello's Lemon Martini twist to its petals, lol! Koko Loco is pretty cool.

Guys, carpenter bee, Carpenter, not bumblebee! But yeah, carpenters loooooove roses! that is the super giant version of the carpenters (carpenters always have shiny black backs and not the soft fuzzy backs of a real bumblebee.) I used to get them mixed up last year until I started researching the bees, lol!

o

I love that Koko Loco! And Pinata, and Tulsa Town.
My doggie keeps snapping at those huge black bees. I hope her tongue doesn't meet one!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 11, 11 at 20:58

Lovely, TNY! Wow! I'm love that Tulsa Town! HOT!

o

Leading Lady looks very elegant, great pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here