Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Lot's of reds and whites blooming this week...

TNY78
11 years ago

Here are this week's goodies :) For whatever reason, my reds and whites seem to be leading the pack right now, but there's a few others who made the cut too!

Tammy

Glamis Castle

Red Headed Stranger (healthy and vigorous ownroot without spray...one of my only HTs to do that)

R. Moschata Plena (very slow to grow ownroot, but its getting there...slowly)

A nice cluster of Carefree Spirit

Marshmellow Fluff...very nice ployantha

Liebeszauber

A softball sized bloom on Pope John Paul II

Red Eden

Diana Krause

Rouge Royal

European Touch

Texas

About Face

Full shot of a 1 year old ownroot Ramblin Red...my favorite climber (and my chihuahua mix, Rigby sneaking in the pic)

Dream Come True

...and these two are just for fun :)

My cute little La Marne seems to like her spot in my new poltyantha bed...yep, still need to finish mulching

...and here's a pic for the mystery solvers :) This rose came to me as 'Leonie Lamesch.' As you can see, I doubt that is correct. Any ideas on this one?

Comments (9)

• mshermer
    11 years ago

I believe your mystery rose is Darlow's Engima.

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can't believe I didn't think of that! Just took a bloom spray off of my Darlow's Enigma, and that looks like what it is. The leaves, buds, blooms, and scent are all the same. Now that I already grow it, I can pass this one along to someone else :)

Tammy

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful blooms! I love DREAM COME TRUE and that DIANA KRAUSE is interesting. Never heard of that one before.

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Beth :) Diana Krause is a Pioneer Rose. I think ARE is the only place that offers it. You probably can't tell in the picture, but it has very large blooms and almost always has a couple of blooms on it....and its a stipey LOL ;)

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh!!! Those are lovely!!! So many big huge blooms!!!
    My favs are:
    Rouge Royale - I just could never get mine to do well here. I overwintered it in the garage...survived every year, but never did much. How does yours do?
    Red Eden - heaven
    LIebeszauber
    Red Headed Stranger!!!! my FAV!!! Oh wow!!!!

Thanks for the lovelies!
    Carol

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Great pics, I can see why you like the Ramblin Red!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

So many beauties to choose from. I've wanted Rouge Royale for several years. Yours is gorgeous. What do you think of its rebloom? Except for Frederic Mistral, my Romantica roses don't bloom much. Pope John Paul II is wonderful. They all impress. Thanks for posting these beautiful photos. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

I like that Red Headed Stranger! And your photo of About Face is fabulous!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone :)

Sorry I'm just now answering the questions about Rouge Royal. I really ADORE the form of its blooms. I have two plants of it and the one in full sun does pretty well (some small BS issues) and blooms about 4 times throughout the summer. Although its not a constant bloomer, the form of its blooms keep it in my garden, and the blooms last for about a week each. My second plant was planted near my R. Rugosa Alba, and has been shaded by the much larger R. Rugosa Alba, and that Rouge Royal only put out one small bloom this whole season...so if you so get it, be sure to plant it in full sun. :)

Tammy