Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The Ss

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

Sisters at Heart, lovely apricot color, not a lot of blooms though.

Sunny Kordana, a grocery store mini, very small compact plant could easily be grown in a hanging basket.

{{gwi:1275817}}

Snowfire, Alan loves it but it's not very healthy and it's SO thorny!

Stars n Stipres is a really pretty little striped mini. I have mine in a bright blue pot so it looks extra patriotic when it blooms!

{{gwi:1276124}}

Softee is one of those minis that proves that "mini" means just the bloom not the plant. It's enormous! A good 3x3 feet and still growing bigger. Blooms like mad!

Strawberry Romance is a lovely John Sheldon rose. It's the only one I have left of his because the others just didn't like my winters. SR does though and comes back strong every spring.

{{gwi:1276126}}

Snow Ruby won me my Mini Queen this year! Beautiful rose!

{{gwi:1276127}}

Sunsprite, this is the only photo I have for this year because it's gone. Gave it away because the blooms just blew too fast and looked like used tissue. Not for me.

Comments (10)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Sisters at heart is the # 1 for me, anything orangey, I just adore.
    I do love all your roses. Thanks for the lovely photos.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

They are all lovely, but Strawberry Romance just reached out and grabbed my heart! It's probably a good thing that I have no room left for new roses.

Kate

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Great blooms Seil! I really like Softee...it looks like it has a more tea-shaped bloom than most minis!

Snow Fire was one of the first roses I purchased when I began growing roses about 4 years ago. Every spring it puts out absolutely beautiful blooms in it's first flush, and then its all down hill here there out! Mine also rarely has foliage, but its in the back of the bed, so you really don't notice it too much. I guess I just keep it around because it was one of my firsts, and that first flush is worth keeping it too!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

I like those pointed petals on Strawberry Romance and the fullness of the bloom. Subtle shadings are wonderfully photographed. My experience with Snowfire is the same as others' here.

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

All beautiful! Favorite is Sisters At Heart.
    I got rid of two Sunsprites for the same reason.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Inga! SaH is lovely but not very vigorous. It does make it through winter but it just does not every get very big or bushy. And it's very slow to repeat.

Kate, thanks, SR was slow to establish but is a good sized healthy plant now. I think Regans has it....

Thanks, TNY. Softee doesn't keep that form long enough to show though. Fully open it's the more typical mini pom pom shape. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whose Snowfire is a dog, lol!

Thank you, mantis, I'm a sucker for those reflexed petals too! I always seem to go for the star shaped blooms. SR always looks like strawberry ice cream to me!

Thanks, Kathy. I always hear so many people rave about Sunsprite that I had to have it. Yuk! I have no idea what they see in it? It has a lovely bud but don't blink because you'll miss any stage with any form to it and boom, it's open and limp and fading to white in a flash!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Wow, I love the name Strawberry Romance, and the blooms look like sherbet.

Lovely pics, Seil.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Krista!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I love Sisters at Heart. The color is divine. I keep the advertising photo of it on my computer to drool over. I couldn't find it for sale when I first fell for it, then other roses ate the garden.
    Thanks for giving us more eye-candy.
    Renee

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, Renee, you could find one more spot, couldn't you, lol? Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer