Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Late September Blooms...

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 13:37

Here are a few pictures I took this morning in the garden. The colors are getting much more vibrant in the cooler weather. However, with all the rain recently, the weeds have gotten out of control again :( That will be next week's project!

Tammy

Vera Johns
Photobucket

Sea Foam
Photobucket

Baron Prevost
Photobucket

White Cecil Brunner
Photobucket

Pumpkin Patch
Photobucket

Antico Amore
Photobucket

Hot Cocoa
Photobucket

A little bloom on Queen E
Photobucket

Oranges n Lemons
Photobucket

Pomponella's fall flush
Photobucket

Moonstone
Photobucket

Some nice Fall hips on Carefree Spirit
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Late September Blooms...

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 16:00

All beautiful. Love PUMPKIN PATCH! And POMPONELLA is pretty cool.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 17:03

They do have vibrant colors, Tammy! That's the orangest Oranges and Lemons I've ever seen. My cousin has it and hers are always more yellow than orange. That cluster on Pomponella looks more like a polyantha than a floribunds spray. How big are the blooms?

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 19:16

Thanks Beth and Seil :)

Seil, My Oranges and Lemons is in partial shade, so it stays pretty dark (it ended up in partial shade accidentally after my Carolina Jesamine took over my deck!). This cluster actually has a bit of red it it...very differern!

As for Pomponella, it reminds me of a polyantha also. The blooms are slightly larger than most of my poly's, but still on the small side (maybe 1.5 inches across). It lacks that pymamid shape cluster form that many of my polys have though. It puts on a good show a few times throught the summer, but the weight of the blooms always makes the canes droop unfortunetly. Still a really cool and unique rose :)

Tammy

o

Those saturated colors are glorious, but I also like the subtlety of Moonstone and Antico Amore. I'm very impressed with the hips on Carefree Spirit,too. Thanks for posting these pics. You really have a great variety of roses! Diane

o

Great blooms and pics, I especially like Moonstone.

Pumpkin Patch makes me think of pumpkin pie...

o

Everything looks good.

o

Loved the picture of the rose hips, Tammy; enjoyed looking at all of your roses. I love my Pomponella!

o

I love the mixture of pink shades on your Pomponella. Something that would have visual interest from far away too.

Your Antico is my fav of your pics. What a lovely, lovely rose. Is there any scent to it?

Pumpking Patch is amazing. I love your picture of it.
Talk about saturated orange!!

I love your Baron Prevost. That's an OGR isn't it? Looks so beautiful!!!
Thank you so much!!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here