Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My September colors

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 13:55

I can't believe it is September and time is marching on so quickly. The garden is happy with our cooler (temporary?)
temperatures and the colors are brighter for longer. Here are a few I like:

Snowbird with mantis

Sultry

Mini Pink Poodle, small and delicate, above Veronica

Mon Cheri

Double Delight, of course

Heart of Gold

Route 66 and St Patrick, best of neighbors I think

Mini Bees Knees above heather (I think)

I love how Honey Dijon fades

Isn't this thing supposed to stop blooming? It did, for a couple of weeks. Been going since early spring.

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My September colors

Kathy, what a wonderful array of roses and companion plants!
Praying Mantis is simply adorable.
Not so long ago I found a Praying Mantis on asphalt of parking lot in front of Walmart. I gave him a lift and carefully brought him to my garden:)))
Marina

o
Mantises

What a kind heart you have, Marina. I go out of my way to keep them around and not step on them when out walking. I love to see them in fall.

o

Everything looks great Kathy. Loooove the mantis photo on the pretty rose. That is so Ace!

o

Soooo pretty Kathy. I love the mantis shot the most. I love those little creatures. I love Mon Cheri and Heart of Gold too. You are sooo right with the combo of Route 66 and St Patrick. My St Pat has had the hardest time taking off so I am hoping for a better year next year. I love everyones pics when they post them of that one. All just lovely, Judy

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 20:54

Love it love it! You gave me an idea for my St. Patrick when it arrives in the spring1 Route 66 looks very much like my Burgundy Iceburg which could use a neighbor...I love the color combo they make!

And how can you not love a rose named Pink Poodle!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 1:07

They're all gorgeous, Kathy, but that Route 66 with St. Pat is spectacular!

Um, could you please have your clem talk to mine? It's 10 feet tall and hasn't bloomed at all this year!

o

Kathy, your roses are absolutely stunning! The contrast between St. Patrick and Route 66 is amazing. Great rose combo, creates so much drama just draws your attention in.

Thanks for another great photo thread!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

Delightful photos of beautiful blooms, love them all.

Some strange blooming is happening here too.
We have strawberries and irises in full bloom, in September?

o

Sultry seems to like your climate; here, it is a bit sultry in producing blooms, but does throw some nice ones.

o

You've surpassed yourself. Great pictures. Sultry looks so tempting. Heart of Gold looks quite dignified. And Bee's Knees with the Mexican Heather is wonderful. Thank you.

o

Heart of Gold is lovely.

I really like Pink Poodle, great name and a charming rose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here