Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanrosa

Royal Wedding and others

sanrosa
13 years ago

I love the color, form and fragrance of Royal Wedding. I got it through J&P years ago. It blooms cheerfully all summer. A lovely floribunda.

Dream Weaver is another J&P that I got around the same time, a dozen or so years ago. I like the look, but no scent.

Frederic Mistral is so fragile, it gets kind of crispy sometimes. But I love the delicate color and wonderful fragrance:

Climbing America:

And this is Sonia, I just found out. I should have known, as it is a florist rose that we used all the time in my florist years in the 1970's. Happy times!

Thanks for enjoying with me!

Sandra

Comments (7)

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Always a pleasure, Sandra. Thanks! :)

Debbie

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Royal Wedding looks scrumptous. I love Sonia's form. I can never describe her color. Pinky-coral?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

Those are a pretty group of roses. I really like your shot of America. Royal Wedding and Sonia are very pretty too. I haven't seen many pictures of either of those two so thanks for posting...Maryl

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Your roses are looking good sanrosa!

• sanrosa
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all! It gets so cool here now that it's like putting the whole garden into the 'fridge every night. Just a matter of time, though, as our first big snow last year was mid-October.
    Sandra

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Great pix Sandra. I see you're in zone 5, same as me. How many winters has your Climbing America been thru? I ask because mine (own-root) came thru last winter unscathed, but last winter was mild, no below zero temps. I am amazed that this rose keeps putting bloom cycle after bloom cycle. Mine is just now on it's fourth bloom cycle, which is almost unheard of in this climate. It does get some blackspot but it just keeps on putting out new leaves and flowers. I hope its sport 'Heavenly Gates' is as prolific. -Paul

• sanrosa
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, Paul ~
    I really am enjoying your recent posts. Largerfield is almost unreal, your photo is so beautiful.
    I have had America for anywhere from 8 to 12 years. I have no recollection of where or when I bought them, but I do know they're not on their own root. (there are 2 that I know I got at the same time.) They do well here. One of them is very neglected, as it is planted on a corner of the next door neighbor's house. This spring I have given that one a little attention and it is rewarding us with some pretty blooms. The one we have on our front stoop provided the photo posted. It has bloomed regularly all summer, and does so every year; more so when I have time to feed and water regularly, of course. Our climate here is usda 5, but very very dry. (9" average percip/year, most in January and August). I don't spray or treat for BS, PM, or thrips, but my husband will go after grasshoppers with a poisonous vengance in a really bad year. No winter protection, and we hit -24 once or twice the last couple of winters.
    From the looks of your roses, they certainly don't lack any loving attention, so your America should do great! We really enjoy ours. Such a warm sunny flower.
    Sandra

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!