Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Royal Wedding and others

Posted by sanrosa 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 14:52

I love the color, form and fragrance of Royal Wedding. I got it through J&P years ago. It blooms cheerfully all summer. A lovely floribunda.
3 Royal Wedding

Royal Wedding twins

Royal Wedding e

Dream Weaver is another J&P that I got around the same time, a dozen or so years ago. I like the look, but no scent.

Dream Weaver Spray

single Dream Weaver

Frederic Mistral is so fragile, it gets kind of crispy sometimes. But I love the delicate color and wonderful fragrance:

Frederic Mistral Bud

Frederic Mistral b

Climbing America:

Climbing America opened

And this is Sonia, I just found out. I should have known, as it is a florist rose that we used all the time in my florist years in the 1970's. Happy times!

a pretty unknown rose

Thanks for enjoying with me!
Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Royal Wedding and others

Always a pleasure, Sandra. Thanks! :)

Debbie

o

Royal Wedding looks scrumptous. I love Sonia's form. I can never describe her color. Pinky-coral?

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 1:27

Those are a pretty group of roses. I really like your shot of America. Royal Wedding and Sonia are very pretty too. I haven't seen many pictures of either of those two so thanks for posting...Maryl

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 11:47

Your roses are looking good sanrosa!

o

Thank you all! It gets so cool here now that it's like putting the whole garden into the 'fridge every night. Just a matter of time, though, as our first big snow last year was mid-October.
Sandra

o

Great pix Sandra. I see you're in zone 5, same as me. How many winters has your Climbing America been thru? I ask because mine (own-root) came thru last winter unscathed, but last winter was mild, no below zero temps. I am amazed that this rose keeps putting bloom cycle after bloom cycle. Mine is just now on it's fourth bloom cycle, which is almost unheard of in this climate. It does get some blackspot but it just keeps on putting out new leaves and flowers. I hope its sport 'Heavenly Gates' is as prolific. -Paul

o

Hi, Paul ~
I really am enjoying your recent posts. Largerfield is almost unreal, your photo is so beautiful.
I have had America for anywhere from 8 to 12 years. I have no recollection of where or when I bought them, but I do know they're not on their own root. (there are 2 that I know I got at the same time.) They do well here. One of them is very neglected, as it is planted on a corner of the next door neighbor's house. This spring I have given that one a little attention and it is rewarding us with some pretty blooms. The one we have on our front stoop provided the photo posted. It has bloomed regularly all summer, and does so every year; more so when I have time to feed and water regularly, of course. Our climate here is usda 5, but very very dry. (9" average percip/year, most in January and August). I don't spray or treat for BS, PM, or thrips, but my husband will go after grasshoppers with a poisonous vengance in a really bad year. No winter protection, and we hit -24 once or twice the last couple of winters.
From the looks of your roses, they certainly don't lack any loving attention, so your America should do great! We really enjoy ours. Such a warm sunny flower.
Sandra
Climbing America 1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here