Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Some blooms the deer didn't get!

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

Dangit! The deer had been staying away for months. Now all of a sudden they must be coming in daily. The damn dog isn't helping any to keep them out. Of course, they're probably coming at night when she's inside. I just don't have time to go spray the repellent. But if this keeps up, I may have no choice if I want to have blooms before winter hits. Here's some blooms from the last week and this morning...

A WHITER SHADE OF PALE - Got Cliff's mother plant last yr

{{gwi:1276869}}

BOLSHOI

{{gwi:1276870}}

DISTANT DRUMS

{{gwi:1201085}}

FULTON MACKAY

{{gwi:1276871}}

GINGER ROGERS

{{gwi:1198808}}

GLOWING PEACE

{{gwi:1276872}}

JUST JOANNA

{{gwi:1197319}}

KOKO LOCO

{{gwi:1198013}}

MASQUERADE

{{gwi:1276873}}

MONTREAL

{{gwi:1276874}}

NICOLE FREELANDER

{{gwi:1201270}}

NIGHTINGALE

{{gwi:1201271}}

POINSETTIA

{{gwi:1201357}}

REBECCA SUSAN - I was waiting for this one and her sister to open up, and the damn deer got both of them!

{{gwi:1276875}}

SHOW QUEEN

VALENCIA

{{gwi:1204137}}

Comments (7)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Veyr nice...my favorite is Bolshoi! Love the intense coloring!

Sorry to hear about your deer problems, we have them here too, but they don't enter the fenced area, thankfully. I did catch a rabbit in the roses the past two nights, but our Lab and Plott Hound chased it back through the fence pretty aggressively, so I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

Tammy

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Just Joanna, Whiter Shade of Pale, and Show Queen are my favs!!! Ahhh!!! Good thing you got those lovely shots before the deer got them!!

Carol

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Lots of lovely blooms, I especially like A Whiter Shade of Pale.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

You have some interesting ones there. I just wonder if you have ever smelled the Koko Loco, and if so, did you pick up any odor element of chocolate? I smelled one of these as a tree rose in the nursery, and I noticed that there was a bit of a hint of chocolate in the fragrance. I thought it was interesting.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love the subtle coloring of Distant Drums, Koko Loco, Rebecca Susan, and Valencia. So many lovely ones that I, in my limited knowledge, had never heard of until I saw this post. What a treat to see those new to me rose photos. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

I can feel your pain, Beth! No deer...yet...but the dang rabbits have munched the heck out of my minis!

I LOVE that Bolshoi!

• inga007
    11 years ago

I just love your posts. Sorry you have a deer problem.