Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some blooms the deer didn't get!

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 15:19

Dangit! The deer had been staying away for months. Now all of a sudden they must be coming in daily. The damn dog isn't helping any to keep them out. Of course, they're probably coming at night when she's inside. I just don't have time to go spray the repellent. But if this keeps up, I may have no choice if I want to have blooms before winter hits. Here's some blooms from the last week and this morning...

A WHITER SHADE OF PALE - Got Cliff's mother plant last yr
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

BOLSHOI

DISTANT DRUMS

FULTON MACKAY

GINGER ROGERS

GLOWING PEACE

JUST JOANNA

KOKO LOCO

MASQUERADE

MONTREAL

NICOLE FREELANDER

NIGHTINGALE

POINSETTIA

REBECCA SUSAN - I was waiting for this one and her sister to open up, and the damn deer got both of them!

SHOW QUEEN

VALENCIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some blooms the deer didn't get!

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 15:37

Veyr nice...my favorite is Bolshoi! Love the intense coloring!

Sorry to hear about your deer problems, we have them here too, but they don't enter the fenced area, thankfully. I did catch a rabbit in the roses the past two nights, but our Lab and Plott Hound chased it back through the fence pretty aggressively, so I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

Tammy

o

Just Joanna, Whiter Shade of Pale, and Show Queen are my favs!!! Ahhh!!! Good thing you got those lovely shots before the deer got them!!

Carol

o

Lots of lovely blooms, I especially like A Whiter Shade of Pale.

o

You have some interesting ones there. I just wonder if you have ever smelled the Koko Loco, and if so, did you pick up any odor element of chocolate? I smelled one of these as a tree rose in the nursery, and I noticed that there was a bit of a hint of chocolate in the fragrance. I thought it was interesting.

o

I love the subtle coloring of Distant Drums, Koko Loco, Rebecca Susan, and Valencia. So many lovely ones that I, in my limited knowledge, had never heard of until I saw this post. What a treat to see those new to me rose photos. Diane

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 20:46

I can feel your pain, Beth! No deer...yet...but the dang rabbits have munched the heck out of my minis!

I LOVE that Bolshoi!

o

I just love your posts. Sorry you have a deer problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here