Christopher Marlowe

{{gwi:1277051}}

George Burns

{{gwi:1277052}}

Pope John Paul II

{{gwi:1277053}}

Sophie's Perpetual

Margo Koster

My Purple Pavement sets lots of hips. This is just one cluster, they ripen to a tomato-red color.

Hummers love autumn sage

Masha

Comments (12)

• Tammy Owens
    14 years ago

BEAUTIFUL photos!! I love the Imposter, I think singles are so delicate. I would love to have PJP but whites don't seem to do well for me. WS2000 is another one I have got my eye on.

Tammy

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Totally awesome!!

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

Masha, what lovely roses you have! For me it is close to a miracle that so many roses are flowering for you with the latest heat wave troubling CA. My roses have almost shut down the flower production completely, even though I try to water them reasonably well. I think I had never less rose blooms in the garden this season than right now, therefore I am even more happy to see yours thriving :-)!

I love the first photo of Jude de Obscure with the water drops lined up on the petals like string of pearls.

William Shakespeare is as gorgeous as always, especially on the first photo. I can't wait until I am finally able to say hello to this rose in my own garden.

Your Ebb Tide is also spectacular. It is nice to see a bush shot of the rose. I really do like your choice of companion plants.

Christopher Marlow looks exquisite!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

Masha, my garden is like Christina's in terms of the roses having shut down for the most part, and it's wonderful to see your roses flourishing. I love your Ebb Tide, mine couldn't stand the heat here. The garden shot underneath it is really beautiful, with all the companion plants around the rose.

Ingrid

• boxofrox
    14 years ago

Masha,

Very lovely indeed, your pictures always are. It's as if that is your middle name :-) Christopher Marlowe is exceptional, love both the depth of the color and the way it plays off it's companions!

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Ooh, you've got Margo Koster. I fell in love with her at the LA rose garden near the Museum of Natural History. She was in full glorious coral glory, clambering over a pergola. What a charming polyantha.

Ebb Tide looks super with the plumbago. Good capture of Pope JP II --- hard for me to catch the petal definition.

I could rave on and on .................... love your roses.

• wesley_butterflies
    14 years ago

Ebb Tide now I am very thrilled just knowing a rose can grow next to a street like that thank you thank you thank you

the others are simply awsum

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

Masha, what an array of BEAUTIFUL roses I love all of your Austins can't wait until mine are as CAPTIVATING as yours are. THANKS for sharing them with us.
    Harold

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, everybody!

Christina and Ingrid, I envy you your roses shutting down. You must be looking forward to an awesome fall flush while I am falling down from all the gardening in the heat I had to do!

• the_dark_lady
    14 years ago

Masha, your Imposter and George Burns are my absolute favorites! You have a collection of most beautiful roses.
    Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Marina

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, Marina. I enjoy your beautiful roses too and wish I had as much land as you do!

Masha

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

WOw!!! Your roses are awesome!!

I especially like WS2000, Christopher Marlowe, Pope JPII (extra wow!!), Sophie's Perpetual and George Burns. Sophie's Perpetual is my fav of your pictures. I've never heard of that rose before - it's enchanting.

Carol

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES