Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some September Samplers

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 15:25

Always hate to see summer go even though I like so many of the late summer bloomers in the garden. Here's a few samples of what's happening now. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking :-)

Mandevilla

Rose of Sharon

Rose of Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some September Samplers

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 21:23

That bouquet is very nice! Did you say your wife makes the arrangements? Or do you? I forget.
Last 3 pics: Rose of Sharon?
Anyhow, every looks great Boxofrox!

o

Hi, Boxo! wonderful and fantastic gorgeous Booooeautiful bouquet! so sorry I would be plastering my whoo-hoos in detail about how much I miss your roses and how wonderful and spectacular they look, but alas, I am under such bad and horrible deadlines (pulling constant all-nighters) so I asked Jim from now on to keep an eye out for me for my rose buddies, since I no longer have any breathing room to visit our wonderful Gallery anymore! So I have to keep it all too disastrously short. But I am so happy to see your Roses and miss A.D. to the TEEEEEEE! Hugs, Serena

o

Gee tanks yous twos ;-)

Jim, my wife seldom does anything but enjoy whilst in the garden. Every thousandth bouquet or so she might participate in assembling. The red is a mandevilla (the one under the bouquet in the first pic). The other two are ROS at each end of the Wall of Easy.

Thanks KG, you are always so sweet. If you have a lot of work, you are more fortunate than most.......make hay while the sun shines girl :-)

o

Sun, Sep 5, 10 at 22:49

I always thought you assembled the bouquets Boxofrox. But, recently I must of mis-read one of your posts. I thought it said, your wife does it, so, I became confused. lol

o

Beautiful bouquets no matter who makes em!! So envious of your dahlias too. Mine have not had a good summer with alllll this heat and no rain. bummer!

o

Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 12:47

I came back to look at that bouquet Boxofrox! Perfect combination of roses/flowers used on this one.

o

Boxo, I have MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!! I also had to come back to take another huge breath of the GORGEOUS BOUQUET from your thread, and also to reassure Jim! He is very frightened that his faded L.E. bloom is gonna make people think he is a wacko, because he loves that bloom....

I asked Jim to keep an eye out for me whenever you post too, so I can do my Whoo-hoos. LOL, I'm definitely making hay before the sun shines. I am up until 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. that's how bad the deadlines get! and half the time I only get 3-4 hours of sleep and feel like a train wreck too, haha!

Hugs! and am looking forward to getting to see more roses to help "caffeine-me-up", lol! Nothin' better than Box O' Roses, to resurrect me after one of those nightmare all-nighters, hehe!

o

Tue, Sep 7, 10 at 19:24

Your funny Serena, LOL.

o

Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 12:00

Ok, I figured out why I became confused about your wife making the bouquets. lol. Link to one of your older threads below Boxofrox.
Glad Dahlias Bouquet thread.
Don't mind me Boxofrox, I'm losing it. lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Boxofrox thread

o

Jim, That's the one in a thousandth I was talking about. Glads are so hard to work around that I'm thinking I made her do that one ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here