Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Pretties from the last week

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

The deer are still hitting pretty heavily, but they do manage to miss a few!

Here are some of them:

APRICOT - a florist rose

{{gwi:1277433}}

BARBARA BUSH

{{gwi:1277435}}

BUDATETENY - one I got from Cliff a few yrs ago

{{gwi:1277437}}

COURVOISIER - finally a good bloom on this baby from Vintage

{{gwi:1277439}}

ESPERANCE - another florist rose... usually more pink than this

{{gwi:1277441}}

FASCINATION - one of my oldest plants that I thought died last yr, but it came back nicely

{{gwi:1199134}}

HEAVEN ON EARTH

{{gwi:1277444}}

PARADISE FOUND

{{gwi:1277447}}

SANKA

{{gwi:1205928}}

VELDFIRE

{{gwi:1204136}}

MARLON'S DAY - seems to be a droopy one...

{{gwi:1199719}}

This one is a mismarked rose. I ordered CASTILIAN from Hortico a couple yrs ago, and it's supposed to be a deep orange with white. This is not a real good photo of this rose, It's actually a deep dark maroon with light yellow reverse. Almost like DARK NGHT, but not as dark. Don't know what it could be.

{{gwi:1277453}}

And just for something different.... my caladiums. I always buy a pack of mixed ones and put them in a pot every spring. They'll be dying off in a month or so.

{{gwi:1277455}}

Comments (7)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

COURVOISIER and BUDATETENY are wonderful...also, I haven't heard of them. But then again, both Vintage and Cliff have/had so many roses its hard to remember them all :)

Your picture of Heaven on Earth reminded me that I think I have that one in my pot ghetto...but I haven't seen it in awhile. I may need to send out the search party on that one LOL!

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely, Beth! Have you looked at Ronald Reagan for your mystery rose? Or maybe Rosie O'Donnell but it looks more like RR to me.

I dig up my caladiums and keep the corms from year to year.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Wow--more beautiful roses that are completely unknown to me. I love Budateteny (wish I knew the origins of that name) and the possible Ronald Reagan. Keep those wonderful photos coming. My sympathies on the deer damage. Our deer, those stomachs on stilts, mostly come after the tomatoes. Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

Always some surprises. Your magic fingers produce lovely blooms. Thanks for your photos.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

I love the colors of Paradise Found.

Heaven on Earth looks really nice in the pot.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you guys.

Seil I have RONALD REAGAN, and this one is not the same coloring. I actually think I may have figured out what it is tho. I think it just might be PAULA SMART. I got that one from Palatine a few yrs ago, and even tho it's classed as a minifora, the blooms are fairly big. This rose is kinda smallish for a HT, like about 3", so I'm thinkin' that's what it is. The colors are pretty much identical too.

Diane, BUDATETENY is a rose bred in Hungary. I asked my husband's Hungarian friend what it meant, and he didn't know. Maybe it was named for a person. I don't know. But it's a lovely rose. The fragrance is nice, but I can't quite figure out what it reminds me of.

Krista, HEAVEN ON EARTH is great in a pot. Mine's in a gigantic ceramic one. It holds up well. One thing about this rose, it rarely has upright blooms. They tend to hang down.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Lovely, lovely.
    Veldfire - is so wonderfully orange. I love the shape of the petals. But Sanka and the Bude one are soooooo gorgeous. I want; I want. Your Paradise Found looks way different than mine - mine is much more pastel coloured. You would think that being cooler here - I would have the more vibrant colors. Strange, huh? Does yours have that fantastic unexplainable fragrance that mine has. It's my fav scent.

Thanks for showing us the beauty in your garden,
    Carol