Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New camera, new photos!

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 17:08

We had a big anniversary and decided to give each other new cameras. I got a Canon PowerShot. It does scenes much better than my old camera. Here are some of my August-September roses.

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Snow Bird

Sultry

Abracadabra

Hot Tamale with new lantana that promised to stay small but didn't!

Outrageous, my best bloomer this year

Eureka in yet another flush

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New camera, new photos!

How very lovely! Loved them all. Congratulations on your anniversary and enjoy your camera. lesley

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 20:57

Beautiful Kathy!! ABRACADABRA is my favorite! Nice to see your HOT TAMALE and OUTRAGEOUS. Both of those died on me, so I'll have to just enjoy yours!!

o

Really nice pictures and some really beautiful, healthy roses. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing!

o

Congratulations. Nice of you to share.
I find it hard to believe that your photos could be improved. Always looking forward to your posts.

o

Hey, that new camera is a winner--love your photos. (Of course, it helps if you are also growing some beautiful roses!)

Snowbird is a new one for me--love it! And Sultry is so beautifully sultry! And Abracadabra is sheer magic! The others are lovely also.

Kate

o

Our Lady of Guadalupe took my breath away!! Wow!! I think that rose is supposed to only have a light fragrance - but with that many blooms, does the fragrance waft?

Eureka, Snowbird and Sultry are also extremely gorgeous.
WOW!
Carol

o

Carol,
I found the OLG rose by a doorway as I left Home Depot one day years back. Got to my car and had to turn around and go back to get it! It truly scented the entire car on the way home. Now, some years later, I don't have much sense of smell. But I sure do remember the scent on that drive home. It has amazing flushes over and over again, grows like a weed.

o

Wow! How awesome. I want it!!
:)
Carol

o

New cameras working! Very nice! :)

o

I think these pictures are more appealing also. (I can feel the softness of the petals) I notice it's a Canon SX50 HS and if I recall your old one was Canon SX100 IS ?? Are they part of the same series?

I am unhappy with the image stabilization Sony pocket one I have. It seems the photos have no "heart". Which I do see in your photos above.

I wonder (with mine) if the image stabilization is to blame for a less than appealing image. Wish my old Olympus hadn't died :-(

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 14:37

Great photos and beautiful roses!

o

Wow! Mad gorgeous.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here