Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's out there now--late September

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 17:39

Roses getting ready for their last fling and responding to miraclegro from several weeks ago. Here is what is looking best today.

Honey Dijon . . . is just beginning a flush. Wish it bloomed all the time. Flushes are huge though.

Black Magic It gets canker in spring and I massacre it during pruning, but it grows like crazy in the heat and is loaded with blooms now. Always has blooms though. Great in heat.

Joshua Bradley is a scrawny plant and doesn't bloom often. Still . . . .

Just Joey with Ebb Tide Neither one a good photo but nice colors together. Both are great bloomers, in large flushes.

Cinco de Mayo Can be spectacular like now. It grows low and wide. Not a spec of disease on any leaf! Perfection.

Chihuly Before and after. Doesn't get ugly as it ages--will be my role model if lucky.

Vavoom In a pot, got really big. Doesn't last in heat which seems to be what we have most of here. Not a favorite, colorwise, either. Cheesy gold.

Midnight Blue In too shady a spot. I think it would be a good performer in filtered sun or in cooler summers. Color is true on my monitor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's out there now--late September

I'll try to emulate Chihuly. Don't want to be a cranky oldster. Ebb Tide is really socially inclined! Seems to get along with most everybody! I thought it was so ugly the first time I saw it. Now I have 2 places and it would be good in both.

Our 112 degrees today probably fried whatever was open. Painfully hot.

o

Lovely, lovely, blooms, but Vavoom will get me every time.
Thanks

o

Your roses are looking great, Kath!! Thanks for sharing them.

Lol, Iris Gal. You are so funny! Sorry it's so painfully hot there.

Have a great day, guys! :)

Debbie

o

Great roses Kathy. I wouldn't know what to do if my Cinco bloomed like that. They all look beautiful, take care, Judy

o

Well I have to say my fave is 'Joshua Bradley' altho you say it is scrawny. The pic is spectacular, I really go for the darker reverse combo.

I cannot even comprehend 112 degrees. Here, we start keeling over when it hits 90, because our humidity is always so high.

o

Great looking roses, Kathy.You certainly have some beauties.I lOve that MIDNIGHT BLUE, AND EBB TIDE. 112 there, huh,We had 112 a few days several years ago, but this year our hottest days was 101.

Jean

o

Kathy,
Beautiful roses. I especially love the purples.
Thank you for the pictures,
Kitty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here