Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Faces of White

the_dark_lady
12 years ago

The other day I bought a new pitcher and since then I was itching to make a bouquet for this new vase.

Please take a look. I named this bouquet 'Faces of White' and roses I used are:

1. Windermere

2. Snow Goose

3. Guirlande d'Amour

4. The Generous Gardener

5. Rushing Stream

And just a few sprigs of Salvia farinacea 'Victoria White'

{{gwi:1278206}}

Comments (16)

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

How Elegant!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

You really have a talent for this. What a beautiful arrangement.
    Renee

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much, Renee and Seil!
    Marina

• inga007
    12 years ago

How lovely. Here is another one for my desktop.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Inga!
    I took another picture of the same bouquet this morning. This time without white background and green vine.

I like how petals dropped over night.

{{gwi:1278209}}

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

There you go again, soooooo beautiful! I love your vase as well and the pearls. I like how the petals have fallen so gracefully on the table. Judy

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Gorgeous, Marina! You have such a knack for arranging roses! I love white roses and therefore I love this bouquet especially. The use of the white salvia as a filler is a great choice, too. Have to jot down the name of the variety and see if I can find it here, too.

Can't wait for your next creation! Thanks for sharing!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much, Christina and Judy!

Christina, I grew this Salvia ('Victoria White') from seed. Although it is often listed as annual, it overwinters in my neck of the woods (zone 7a). In your climate it will be a perfect perennial.
    I tried white Salvia for the first time this year and I am very pleased with how it looks in the garden. I have it growing near white roses - great, near red roses - great, pale pink - awesome, etc.
    I am planning to start more white Salvia next year, I would like to add a few plants to the existing white groups and try it with other roses. I am thinking about planting it near 'Blue for You', I think it will look good.
    {{gwi:1278210}}

{{gwi:1278211}}

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Gorgeous elegance Marina! I love the cascading flow of whites! Ooo, Blue for You is coooool!

• parkmeadow
    12 years ago

Awesome....I will have to try to imitate your arrangement...love the backdrop that you used.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Wonderful roses. I think the shininess of the vase, along with its height and vertical grooves, will make for difficult arranging. May I say that? You know I've admired so many of your arrangements. Some draping material is needed to soften the vase.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

You have the most beautiful bouquets I have ever seen. You need to have your own magazine about flower arranging. You should write one!!

I've never heard of white salvia before. How unusual and fantastically beautiful. Your bouquet is truly jaw dropping - yet soothing.

Wow - I really, really like Blue for You - it reminds me of Night Owl - does it close at night like Night Owl does? Blue For You has a much nicer color though. Amazing!!

Carol

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much, dear Carol!
    Just today I filled an application for a position of floral arranger at Ben Franklin (similar to Michaels, or whatever craft store you have around).
    I brought my 'portfolio' of about 25 arrangements with me. The 'decision maker' is on vacation now, so I am just waiting for them to call me, or not to call :))) Unfortunately, I have no education in flower arrangements... We'll see....

I would highly recommend white Salvia - it looks very pretty, goes well with many roses. I believe, it only will be an annual in your garden, but still worth the trouble. I started mine from seed, you can either start is from seed, too. Start early to guarantee early blooming. Or, you can order live plants online, will be more expensive, though. I had absolutely no trouble growing it from seeds, germination is very high and no problems with damping off.

"Blue for You' is an awesome rose, it is a bush of moderate size, blooms a lot, has very nice fragrance reminiscent of cloves. Flowers are of medium size (about 2"), come in groups of 3 to 7 (in my experience), healthy without spraying.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Marina, sorry to butt in so rudely, lol! But you need to apply for a floral position at a boutique floral designer shop in Downtown/the city Plaza, etc., not a craft store....and!!! you need to send your best floral arrangement photos to a high-end design company like Chronicle Books (they produce stationary)...that had a collection of notecards from photographers like Shaun Sullivan/Areilla Chezar-the floral designer. Go to Barnes & Noble and check out the stationary and the manufacturing label of who manufactured the cards. You can submit your photographs to those companies as a freelancer. Just Google for contact information for design submittals to these companies. The Skies' the Limit, Marina! GO FOR IT!!!! I mean this truly and totally!

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, Serena! You are so kind (and inspirational!!!)
    Thank you for the information on Ariella Chezar. I spent good chunk of time marveling at her arrangements.
    I am speechless!
    Marina

Here is a link that might be useful: Ariella Chezar's Website

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Marina, egads, I actually like your bouquets better than many of Ariella Chezar's arrangements...I'm not inspirational, I am straight-out blunt and pushy, and you've got such a wonderful gift for arrangements, you just gotta push and GO FOR IT!!!! You've got the most dreamy wedding-like bouquets, sheer artistry, Marina! There's people with talent and people who are gifted. Gifted is far more special, and the Good Lord Blessed You! Let the gift fly as high as that Sky above. People would adore your creations. Weddings, special occasions are what people remember. Cards from loved ones people keep for decades. A gift is a gift is a gift. Many hugs and hope to see your work on famous greeting card companies someday soon!!! Rosy smiles and Christ bless, Serena