User
11 years ago

Roses blooming in September.

Video===September Roses.

Philip.

Comments (22)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

All very beautiful pictures! Very relaxing music choice as well :)

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for viewing it,..delighted you liked the music as well,..its a sort of lament.

Philip.

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

I liked it alot too. It puts the garden in a new perspective, doesn't it? Lovely!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Kathy,..its not that i am lazy,..lol,.. in not posting lots of pictures,..i just like making the pictures with added music,..glad you also liked the video,..knowing that keeps me making them.

Philip

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A sunbeam.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

How beautiful, both the music, and your incredible roses. Thank you for the garden tour.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Krista,..thank you for the nice comments,..delighted you enjoyed that tour,..we had a scorcher of a day today,..the garden was buzzing with insects.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This blue Hydrangea was a great attraction to the Butterflies and Bee.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

glengarry, loved the musical tour of your gardens.

Just a tiny suggestion which would make it even better. Insert, inconspicuously if you wish, the name of each rose in the bottom left corner.

It drives me nuts sometimes when I don't know the name of the rose I'm viewing.

Otherwise, excellent!

Kate

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Very beautiful, with haunting music. I also saw your presentation for August which is equally wonderful. Could you please tell me the name of the pink climber against the gray wall? It would also be enjoyable to see some overall views of your garden, which I'm sure must be lovely.

Ingrid

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kate,
    sadly i am unable to add the name of the roses to the PhotoStory,..the pictures of course are stills,..if i could add the rose or flower name it would have to be in the middle of the picture as all the pictures are zoomed in or out as the PhotoStory progresses so if the name was anywhere other than the middle it would be missed.

The main reason,.. is that only two of the roses have names,..one was given to me as a present the other i grew from a seed and named it myself,..the name was suggested by a friend,..all the 20 rose bushes were either grown from seeds or from cuttings where the parent rose names was lost years before i took the cuttings,..most of those grown from seed do not at all resemble the parent rose nor any of the other roses in the garden,..below is a picture of the latest addition to the rose stock it first bloomed last month.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The parent rose is the bottom rose,..the rose grown from the seed of that rose turned out as seen in the top rose,..as you can see they are not alike,..this happens quite often which makes it all the more interesting.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is how the new rose appears half way through its blooming stage,..the picture above was taken toward the end of the blooming stage for both parent rose and seedling rose,..just to see the comparison.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Ingrid,
    thank you for viewing the PhotoStories,..and its nice to find you also liked the added music,..its hard to find a tune that fits in without it taking from the scenes,..alas i don't have the name of that pink climber,..there are two of them and both were grown from cuttings of which the parent bush had no name.

You asked to see a general view of the garden,..well i have posted pictures of the overall garden in "Cottage Gardens",..here in this Forum,..the links are below,..i hope you will see the overall picture.

The Garden And Beyond. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

Autumn Blooms,..2012,..(233 Pictures) - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

August Blooms,..Video. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

This Weeks Blooms. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

Glengarry September Blooms. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

September Roses. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

Visiting A Friends Garden. - Cottage Garden Forum - GardenWeb

Philip.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Your photos and videos are wonderful, Philip, keep on posting!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Seil,..for the nice comments and the encouragement,..with just six weeks to go before winter sets in all the garden flowers are trying to produce one final flush of blooms,..despite the rain this morning my white rose,.."Ice Cream",..has started its final flush of blooms as well,..there is a big gap between flush of blooms for this rose but its worth it,..nice scent as well.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Taking shelter under the leaves.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful hydrangea, fabulous garden pics.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Krista,..i think i am getting the final wave of blooms before winter so i am starting to compile another video,..i suppose "The Final Wave",..might be an apt heading.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely rain shots. Where are you at, Philip? I'm in zone 6 and should have roses all the way up to Thanksgiving here. Surely you'll go longer in zone 8?

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Seil,
    i am very far away,..in the Midlands of Ireland,..a long way from where you are,.. though i have visited the areas of Michigan/Indiana,..i used to visit Indiana quite often and had a great drive to Lake Michigan for a fantastic long weekend.

The present wave of blooms will be the last big surge before winter but there will be blooms up to Christmas,..just not an abundance of blooms like now and in the coming days,..some of my rose bushes need to be pruned prior to the strong winds we get over winter,..these are the 10 foot bushes,..i would rather prune them than have them blown down,..one area of my garden is prone to a freak wind which comes through several buildings before it gets to me,..big gusts.

Philip

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Thank you, philip, for the explanation. Names or no names, the pics/video are lovely.

Kate

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm