Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few early september blooms

Posted by Lothlin 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 19:13

I can't wait for more of my bushes to mature so I can have more than couple photos to post at a time XD

Anyway!

Zephirine Drouhin... apparently loves Indiana.

Dick Clark being... Well, multicolored; its been going pink very fast whenever it blooms because its been so rarely overcast.

Snowfire; This rose is supposed to have some disease issues, but once it got over a little bit of transplant shock & drought issues, it seems to be doing great - I haven't seen any indication of fungus anywhere on it.

And just look at this bloom!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few early september blooms

Your ZD looks so lovely and fresh on the trellis, welcoming visitors. Thanks for posting your photos. Diane

o

Thanks!

I have a few more - went the nursery and they were having a BOGO sale on roses so I picked up a few...and rather than starting a new thread....

St. Swithun

Falstaff. Gotta figure out where to plant these two :D

And a couple more pics of that Snowfire bloom, because that flower is just making me DROOL!

o

Lovely blooms, I love the fragrance of Zephirine.

o

Oooooh!! I love your Falstaff!!!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 22:35

I really liked my Snowfire, but it got the shovel this year for speed of rebloom and diesease issues, like you said. Yours seems to be doing great! Its too bad it didn't do better here. It really is a nice rose in the right environment :)

Tammy

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 20:40

I WISH my Snowfire looked that good! It's a goner this fall because it hasn't given one single bloom this year. My Dick Clark, on the other hand, is rarely out of bloom!

o

I fancy that Snowfire and the Falstaff,..you did very well at the sale,..nice selection.

Philip

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here