Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer Fashion

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 19:23

It was the first rose I bought--beginner's luck for sure. Here are a few of this season's blooms. This rose is always blooming. We don't have blackspot in our climate but SF gets a little powdery mildew in spring. Otherwise, it is a wonderful rose that looks lit from within.

I would love to trade a SF for a Julia Child rose, if that is legal. I know some of you are thinking of sp'ing Julia. (I am putting my helmet and armor on just in case.)
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer Fashion

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 19:51

Oh how lovely! And I am sooo jealous, Kathy! I hunted for Summer Fashion everywhere a few years ago and finally found it at Hortico so I ordered it. It has never been healthy or vigorous for me and rarely blooms and not at all this year unfortunately. The year after I got it I found it all over the place. Maybe I should have waited.

o

This looks like a lovely rose, Kathy. I like that you combined it with a smaller flowering single pink one!

Thanks for posting!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

Super pretty Kathy. Was wondering what the cute little pink rose was. It kinda reminds me of my Pink Gnome. Judy

o

Nice blooms. I like the pink tint.

o

Judy, that is a mini rose called Astra.

o

Kathy, It's so pretty. I really like those colors. I used to have Summer Fashion. I don't know why I got rid of it. - Becky

o

Very pretty in the first pic with the single petaled rose.

o

What a beauty that last picture is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here