Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The T, U, Vs

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

Teddy Bear, a russet mini

Trump Card is a sport of Rosie O'Donnell!

{{gwi:1279824}}

Tuscan Sun one of my favorites!

{{gwi:1263575}}

Tattooed Lady hasn't had a good year. She's in the new bed now and I'm hoping she makes it.

{{gwi:1279826}}

Unconditional Love is a mini moss rose. It was new this spring and I'm not thrilled with it. It's growing but the blooms are so tiny you can hardly see them.

Verdun, polyantha, has huge hot pink spays of blooms about an inch or so wide.

Veterans' Honor, huge deep red blooms that last forever!

Voluptuous is a hot one too. Not a very prolific bloomer though.

{{gwi:1279835}}

Violet Mist is a very soft lavender color but does fade to almost white as it ages.

{{gwi:1279837}}

Comments (17)

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

The color of Verdun really glows, that's neat.

Lovely pic of Violet Mist, this rose is new to me. Very nice.

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

Your Veterans' Honor is the BEST looking picture of its kind. J&P catalog should use yours instead of their gloomy one. I love how you capture the roses' beauty.

• inga007
    12 years ago

I keep scrolling up and down, undecided, I like all of them.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

hmm...I think my favorite is Tattooed Lady! Very different looking! The yellow reverse in wonderful!

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Lovely roses! The photo of Veteran's Honor looks stunning and I really like the mini moss Unconditional Love.

Thanks for posting!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Krista, Verdun is very bright and cheerful in the garden. Violet Mist is a Dee Bennett rose and I think Greenheart or Burlington has it.

You are too kind, Strawberry. It's easy to take a pretty picture when the subject is so beautiful.

Thanks, Inga.

Tammy, TL is reusset and yellow and very different. It got sort of shuffled about for a couple years so it's not as healthy as it could be. Hopefully that will change now that it has a permanent home.

Thanks, Christina. Since UL is new this year I'll give it a couple more years to see what it can do. Hopefully the blooms will improve.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Violet Mist is my favorite, captured at a striking angle. Veterans' Honor is not quite so saturated and silken here in a warmer climate. Here is Tradescant blooming in August heat.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Mantis. Lovely photo of Tradescant too!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Wonderful Red Rose Bounty, Seil and Mantis...Trump Card is coool!

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Serena!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I have Veteran's Honor - it has had only 1 misshapen bloom in 2 years. I don't hink it likes it here. :) I like pushing the zones - sometimes you get real winners. Looks like VH loves it where you are!!

There aren't too many pictures of Munstead Wood that show more than one bloom. That's a real educational picture as well as a beauty!! Looks so old-fashioned.

Tatooed Lady is gorgeous!!! So unusual!!

Thanks for showing your lovely roses!!

CArol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Carol. I think VH is pretty hardy. It's definitely vigorous! I don't know which one you mean but I don't have Munstead Wood.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Your blooms look very nice Seil...

• bgrose
    12 years ago

Veteran's Honor is an extraordinary rose, what an amazing color and bloom! Totally breathtaking. Teddy Bear has a very unique color, it is really very cute.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jim!

bgrose, I'm really pleased with VH. It has produced regular flushes of those HUGE blooms for me. Teddy Bear looks like a mini Hot Cocoa to me, same burnt orange color.

• montana_rose
    12 years ago

Great pictures. I found your comment on Voluptous interesting as it is my single best producer year after year. It just pumps out flower after flower here. Interesting how different roses react in different places.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Montana. It's true, they all react differently depending on the location. I've heard others say that some of the ones I love best are really bad for them. I've moved Voluptuous to a sunnier spot so I hope that helps.