Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The W, X, Y, Zs

Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 19:47

Winners Circle, climber, is gone. Given away. It just didn't do anything for me. Like KO on steroids.
Winners Circle

Winter Magic is also a lavender mini but doesn't have as nice a form as Violet Mist.
Winter Magic

Wild Plum was my first mini rose and one of my favorites.
Wild Plum

Winter Sunset is a Buck shrub with beautiful buds and color but they blow very quickly.
Winter Sunset

X-Rated, this is my third one. Lets see if it makes it through winter. I love the rose but it is not vigorous at all.
X-Rated

Yantai, lovely creamy yellow mini and a good grower.
Yantai

Zenaitta, polyantha, if you think you want KO try this one instead. I guarantee it will out bloom it!
Zenaitta

So that completes the alphabet. But never fear...I have tons more pictures, lol!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The W, X, Y, Zs

I can see why you like Wild Plum, beautiful color.

o

Winter Sunset is a lot better looking than my Pat Austin (nodding head, icky smell). I just love that Winter Sunset's colors - thanks.

o

Hope you have better luck with x-rated, but was glad to read you have more of these lovely photos for us.
I enjoyed every single "letter".

o

• Posted by TNY78 6B-E TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 0:07

Love Winter Sunset and Winter Magic! Very beautiful!

o

Seil, I am completely smitten by 'Winter Magic'. I think the color is just to die for!

You have quite a wonderful collection of roses. Thanks for sharing them with us here!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

so delicate and so pretty, Seil!

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 9:21

Krista, I can tell you like those hot colors!

Strawberry, I've never been a fan of Pat Austin either. WS is beautiful but it blows too quickly and you don't get to enjoy it long enough.

Thanks, Inga, I'll be posting more I'm sure.

Tammy and Christina, WM has a sort of gray lavender look to it. Always reminds me of the term "half mourning" gray they talk about it those romance novels.

Thank you, Serena.

o

Lovely pics. Wish you good luck on X-Rated--she's a little beauty.

Kate

o

Yantai--you capture every delicacy of shading and veining.

o

Winter Magic is just beautiful!

o

Mon, Sep 19, 11 at 15:29

Thank you all! So glad you enjoyed them. I enjoy hearing which ones are your favorites. It's interesting and fun to see who like what ones best.

o

I love Winter Sunset and X-Rated!

o

I love Winter Sunset!

o

Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 19:06

Thanks, Serena and Naturalchick! Winter Magic is lovely but it fades as it ages and it blows fairly quickly.

o

I love Wild Plum!!! Winter Sunset is beautiful too. I want them both!!! I've never heard of either of them.

Wow!
Carol

o

Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 20:20

Thanks, Carol! I got Wild Plum years ago from J&P but Regan's has it. Winter Sunset I got at a local rose nursery, Great Lakes, but they're out of business now. I really miss them a lot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here