Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Back from the surgery, posting rose photos:)

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

Although feeling very weak after my surgery, I could not stop myself from taking a walk through the garden and taking a few photos of what is in bloom now.

Please take a look, I hope you enjoy my roses (sure, I do!:))

Marina

Mozart

{{gwi:1280081}}

Purple Skyliner

{{gwi:1280082}}

Bicentenaire de Guillot

{{gwi:1280083}}

Rushing Stream

{{gwi:1280084}}

Isarperle

{{gwi:1197511}}

Hermitage

{{gwi:1199394}}

Hans Gonewein

{{gwi:1199379}}

Escimo

{{gwi:1197219}}

Ivor's Rose

{{gwi:1197513}}

The Nun

{{gwi:1280086}}

Princess Sibilla de Luxembourg

{{gwi:1280087}}

Gartentraume

{{gwi:1280088}}

Stormy Weather

{{gwi:1280089}}

Windermere

Anny Duperey

Francis Blaise

Licorice Tea

{{gwi:1199251}}

Lovely Green

{{gwi:1199255}}

Ines Sastre

Comments (10)

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Marina, let me first say how happy I am that you are home and have the surgery behind you. Don`t try and do too much, but a gentle slow walk try your beautiful roses must be fine! You must have the most glorious collection of roses. It still slays me that you don`t fertilize your roses!! They are so full of blooms with lovely foliage. The B d Guillot red rose is my favorite, but they are all lovely. Thank you for sharing your roses with me and please take care of yourself. Fall roses are so special and I want you to enjoy ALL of yours. Lesley

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Oh my, what a beautiful collection of roses, every one of them. And so many that I had never seen or even heard of, which made it a very special treat to view your photos. I had to pick a favorite, which was difficult, but as a purple addict, I was blown away by the beauty of Princess Sibella de Luxembourg.
    I wish you a speedy recovery, and I'm sure all the surrounding beauty of your roses will help to accomplish just that. Diane

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Gorgeous stuff as always Marina! You must live in the best place in the country for roses. They always look so perfect, with no disease and lots of blooms! Lucky you! Hope you recover from the surgery quickly.

• ron_and_susan
    11 years ago

Marina--I really enjoyed looking at your post. I seen a lot of roses that were new to me. Again great shots--Ron

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much, Beth, Lesley, Diane and Ron!
    Lesley, I can not say 100% that I don't fertilize. I fertilize some (may be 30%) with a handful of 10-10-10 per bush in Spring.
    I believe, I have really nice native soil here (never done soil test). My main problem is watering. If only I could water all my roses, oh, that would make such a difference!

Diane, you are so right! My garden keeps me getting up from the bed and moving around. Not much done during my walks through the garden, only light deadheading:)

Marina

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Speedy recovery wishes, Marina.
    Lovely Green is looking particularly lovely!

• inga007
    11 years ago

How nice of you to share your photos of these lovely blooms. Some I have never heard of before.

All the best, to a speedy recovery.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Gentle rosing is the best thing for you! Gentle wandering around is peaceful and just enough activity.

I've never been a fan of green toned roses, but your Lovely Green is mesmerizing to look at.

They're all so unique and lovely. Thanks for showing us your roses!!
    Carol

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Marina, I'm guessing you might live in Europe, perhaps in Germany? I wish you a speedy recovery. Your roses are exquisite and very much the kind I would choose. Since I live in a warm/hot area it's mostly tea roses, chinas and small Bourbons for me. What a delight to see beautiful roses that are new to me. Thank you for taking the trouble to show them to us.

Ingrid

• User
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses,..so many new to me and not grown this side of the pond,..its a joy to see them looking so healthy,..i hope you recover from your surgery quickly.