Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bounty Of Blooms (Part 6)

Posted by aurora1701e z7 Southern NJ (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 1, 09 at 20:30

Up today is part 6, what I like to call the mother lode!! I can't recall a summer that produced so many wonderful roses. Enjoy!!

Jeff

GEM O THE ROCKIES
Photobucket

JULIA CHILD (It amazes me that this was a mere bareroot stick potted up last spring)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

LOVE AND PEACE
Photobucket

MIDAS TOUCH
Photobucket
Photobucket

OKLAHOMA
Photobucket
Photobucket

POPE JOHN PAUL II
Photobucket
Photobucket

OLYMPIAD
Photobucket

PEACE
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

STAINLESS STEEL
Photobucket

MOONSTONE
Photobucket
Photobucket

FIRST IMPRESSION
Photobucket

BARBRA STREISAND
Photobucket

BLACK MAGIC
Photobucket
Photobucket

GOLD MEDAL
Photobucket

SCENTIMENTAL
Photobucket

INTRIGUE
Photobucket

ICEBERG
Photobucket

TOUCH OF CLASS
Photobucket

WILD BLUE YONDER
Photobucket

CHERRY PARFAIT
Photobucket

LASTING LOVE
Photobucket

DISNEYLAND
Photobucket

VETERAN'S HONOR
Photobucket

GEMINI
Photobucket

MR. LINCOLN
Photobucket

COUPLE BOUQUETS
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bounty Of Blooms (Part 6)

Jeff, your right an abundance of BEAUTIFUL roses and so many varieties. I started down the string tring to pick a favorite and before I knew it I had just about wrote down them all. But your MOONSTONE & BLACK MAGIC especially AWESOME.
THANKS for posting and keep them coming.
Harold

o

Jeff,

Absolutely stunning !!!

I'm becoming very, very fond of red roses and my collection is growing but I have an almost magnetic affinity for roses that look exactly like Disneyland. That, my friend is DDG (I would make the caps bigger if I could :-)

o

Those are really nice. Thanks for sharing.

o

Does GOLD MEDAL often have its edges tinted orange? Love it.

o

Wow! Very beautiful roses! I noticed that several of your roses are grown in pots. You are very successful.I`m about out of room, so I hope to have luck with roses in pots. I can`t seem to quit ordering roses!! Thanks for these photos. Lesley

o

Jeff, I just had to stop back by and admird your roses again AWESOME just AWESOME. I was wondering what kind of mix do use in your pots. Thanks for the VIEW.
Harold

o

Absolutely breathtaking, JeffAurora! I am so thrilled with your roses! I always love seeing Mr. Beauteous Lincoln and Julia! with all her bounteous gold! Gem o' the Rockies, Disneyland, Iceberg, Gemini, Moonstone and the first photo of Peace just glitter and glow! They all! take my breath away. Absolutely gorgeous, such perfection! like crystalline-roses! Such magical exhibition-quality blooms, Jeff! I love, love, love your roses.

o

Thanks all for your kinds words.

Boxofrox: Disneyland can be a challenge here on the east coast. If you aren't religious with spraying it will get blackspot literally overnight. Probably why it's called Disneyland instead of Disneyworld. Definitely better suited for dry climate.

Iris_gal: Gold Medal takes on myriad of colors during its bloom cycle. Some start out with an orange edge then turn yellow and finally before dropping turn almost white.

Lesley/Harold: I do enjoy growing roses in pots. Generally I leave them in their original containers the first year to see how they do. If I'm happy with their performance the next year they go in the ground or into a much larger pot. I'm fortunate to have an unattached, unheated garage to overwinter them in.

I use Miracle-Gro Potting Mix (not the moisture control stuff) mixed with some humus/manure. I throw in a little alfalfa meal and bone meal at the bottom of the planting hole. I've found this, plenty of water (almost daily) and monthly feedings of half-strength Rose-Tone makes them really happy campers. Sometimes I use a foliar spray of fish emulsion and/or seaweed.

o

• Posted by becr zone 9 CA 19 (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 14:17

WOW Jeff, you've got some beauties!

Can't decide which I like best, they are all so beautiful and you've captured them so wonderfully in your photos.

Thanks for sharing.

: ) Becky

o

Me, too. Harold I had to revisit both JeffAurora's roses and Boxofrox's garden to cheer me up! Whenever one gets very worried and discouraged all one needs to do is visit these beautiful flowers!

o

Wow!!! Those are some of the nicest shots Ive seen of PJPII!!!! Mine is first year, and they dont seem quite as large, full or nicely formed. But the scent is heavenly!!

Same with my Vet Honor. It doesnt look as nice as yours. Very lovely!!

Its hard to pick favs when theyre all so wonderful!! I adore your Barbra Streisand, Iceberg and Black Magic. I think I might want to get Barbra Streisand - especially since we dont get blackspot here.

Lovely, lovely - thanks!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here