Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

The Ms and N

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

Madeleine is a survivor. She's come back form being stepped on, mowed and then planted in too much shade!

Memphis Blues, miniflora, nice purple with good form...for a second!

{{gwi:1280387}}

Memorial Day, I love the ruffled edges of this one!

Miss Flippins, miniflora, another one that blows too quickly.

{{gwi:1280388}}

Mardi Gras nice bright spot in the garden.

Montana is a nice red mini but not very vigorous.

Mrs. Robinson, is a Cliff Orent rose. I love the bright edges! It's done very well for me too.

Millie Wlaters, bright orange mini!

And my only N, Nostalgia is an OGR looking mini.

Comments (15)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love all your blooms.It's hard to imagine the mini's, as they look a good size and lovely shapes in the photos.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

All very beautiful! Sad to say my MADELEINE was not a survivor! Nice to see yours. She's lovely!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Madeleine must be a tough rose! That's great, Seil. Lovely pics.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Love Mardi Gras...I almost need sunglasses to look at it!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

great pics seil... your roses are lookin gooood

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Over in the daylily forum, these alphabet entries are invitations for everyone to post. I'm beginning to think that is not the case here. At any rate, I will post a few yet this time since I uploaded them.

MOONSTONE

McCARTNEY ROSE It only briefly looks like this, as we know.

NICHOLE MILLER

MOTHER OF PEARL

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

seil, I'm lovin' 'em all! But especially Mardi Gras. Do tell me more about it. Helpmefind has little info and only one pic. Does it really have all that yellow mixed in with the red? How is its disease-resistance? Rebloom? Staying power?

mantis, I enjoyed your pics also. Don't think there is any rule against someone adding additional alphabet pics. It probably has more to do with threads getting too long and heavy and some readers still using landlines and therefore unable to pull up the thread without waiting a long time. I really like your roses--is Nicole really that lavenderish/medium purple? I'm not sure what color to call it, but I love it.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Inga. The minis are a range of sizes. Nostalgia is very small, maybe the size of a quarter, but Memphis Blues can be nearly as large as a flori, like 2 to 3 inches.

Thank you, Beth. I'm glad that Maddy made it too, sorry about yours. She's out in the new bed now and has really put on some size!

Thank you, Krista and Jim!

Lol, yes, TNY, MG is a LOUD rose! But I love it!

Not to worry, Mantis, I don't mind a bit! Your roses and photos are lovely and I always enjoy seeing them! I particularly like that Nichole Miller!

Thanks, Kate. You were looking at the Jordan HT. I have the Zary floribunda. It does have a lot of yellow at the base and gets oranger as it goes out to the edges. It's listed as a pink blend but this year I haven't seen much pink in it. It's been a good bloomer but I'd say it only has average disease resistance. It black spots for me and loses it's leaves but will bounce back and bloom again anyway. The blooms last a day or so, not that long, and fade some as they age. It's another one that's been moved from a pot to the new bed so I'll be interested to see how it does out there!

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Sorry, it's Nicole Carol Miller. Yes, the color on the picture is quite accurate. I agree that long threads are not desirable. If I want to comment on something towards the beginning, there is too much scrolling.

That said, here I add another "M."
    MILESTONE
    {{gwi:321324}}

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Too many fantastic roses, too little space. Thanks for posting these beauties!

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the correction, Mantis. Your Milestone is lovely!

You're welcome, Kathy, glad you enjoyed them!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I love your Memorial Day. Such a gorgeous picture!!!! I've had MD for three years (potted) and it really hasn't done much. Maybe 4 flowers/year. How does yours do? I'm thinking it might like to be in a warmer climate.

I really love your Mother of Pearl. My daughter went "OOOOOOOhhhhhhh" when she saw your photo. I have one that I've had for 2 years. First year did nothing, but really putting out the blooms now. Do you find that yours is a bloom machine??

Nicole Miller - swoooooon!!! I love the color!!! I want it!!! Gahhh, drool.

I like your mini rose - looks so wide awake!!! LOL

Thank you for sharing your beauties!!!! Wow!!

Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Memorial Day does bloom better in the warmer weather for me. But mine is quite tall and upright. I'd say it gets to 5 feet high. It blooms in sprays of 3 or 4 roses and it takes a good 6 to even 8 weeks to repeat so I only get usually 2, maybe 3 if fall is warm, flushes a season. With your shorter season that might not be to good.

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

mother of Pearl is a strong repeater. Wish more hybridizers would seek to emulate this plant's habits. Here's the full bush shot, minus a few blooms that got snatched for vases.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Lovely photo, Mantis!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor