Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heritage - Pretty Jessica - Pacific Serenade

Posted by gnabonnand 8a - D/FW Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 20:47

'Heritage' loves the fall weather. It's been pumping out the blooms like mad lately.
Photobucket

This bloom is on the newest of my two 'Pretty Jessica' specimens. This plant is a tiny band about 8 inches tall from Rogue Valley Roses received earlier this year (they don't carry this rose anymore). Amazing that this little infant can produce blooms already. This is the second bloom it has produced. Yes, I know, I should have pinched the bud off to allow the roots to grow more. I'm undisciplined that way.
Photobucket

I really like the fragrance this rose puts out ... 'Pacific Serenade'.
Photobucket

My dwarf purple coneflowers just won't stop blooming.
Photobucket

TGIF,
Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heritage - Pretty Jessica - Pacific Serenade

Wonderful pic of Heritage.

The others are delicious too.

o

Beautiful photographs, and the picture of Pretty Jessica is especially exquisite. Thank you for posting.

Ingrid

o

Just wonderful Randy. I've been pondering Heritage for sometime now. You captured it beautifully. Thank you for those.

Kate

o

Thanks, iris_gal. I like taking pics of 'Heritage'.

Kate, I have really enjoyed my two 'Heritage' roses. It's a really productive and nicely scented rose for me.

Ingrid, this morning I was outside enjoying the fragrance from that 'Pretty Jessica' bloom. I was so happy with it, I took another pic this AM:
Photobucket

Buenos dias,
Randy

o

And another shot of 'Heritage' this morning.

Randy

Photobucket

o

Heritage - sigh. That's my fav color too! I can't wait for mine to start flowering better. The amount and the bloom aren't quite there yet. I'm finally getting some scent tho.

Pretty Jessica is quite gorgeous too. Mmmmm.

And I love coneflowers. Love, love them. I think they look great with roses. I didn't know there were dwarf varities!

Carol - grateful for the look!

o

Randy,
I can see why you can't stop taking pictures of Heritage, they are beautiful! Mine is having a flush too, I love, love the fragrance. Thanks for posting,

Masha

o

Carol, yes, the dwarf form of purple coneflower is called 'Kim's Knee High'. The blooms are about the same size as the normal purple coneflowers, but the "stalks" they grow on are about 1/2 the normal height.

Masha, my camera has just been drawn toward 'Heritage' like a magnet lately due to all its perfectly shaped and fragrant blooms.

Randy

o

Another magnificent pic of Heritage. I just finished deadheading with plenty of buds left.

I'm sorry for anyone who gives up on this rose. I only have two other Austins but Heritage took the longest by far to establish. Worth the wait if you love delicacy and pink.

o

I agree, iris_gal. Heritage's fall blooms make me think of an old centifolia rose. Like something you'd see in an Henri Fantin-Latour painting from long ago.

Randy

o

Randy, very lovely pictures of Heritage! That is such a beautiful rose! My band Hertiage rose has never made more than two blooms on a cane and is not able to produce gorgeous flushes yet, but I hope she will in the future.

The observation of iris gal is interesting that her Heritage took long to get established. Randy and everyone else who is growing this rose, would you agree with that?

Christina

o

Your Heritage is such a lovely and romantic beauty!

o

Christina:
My 'Heritage' was a large 2-gallon own-root rose from the Antique Rose Emporium when it was planted. So, it did not take very long to get established. But, yes, its blooms have gotten better and larger each year. And it is more productive every year ... this year it pumped out blooms steadily since spring. And I am thankful that it self-cleans its spent blooms, so when I get behind on deadheading, the plant still looks good. That is important with a light colored rose that blooms all the time.

Glad you enjoyed, Serena.

Randy

o

Randy, thanks for answering my question. It sounds that I have to be a little bit patient with my Heritage band until it reaches maturity, but that this will not necessarily take longer with this rose than the usual time that other roses need to get to that point, too.

When I was outside today I of course had to check on my Heritage and as if it just wanted to show that it really tries hard it has made its first cane with three buds. Yay!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here