Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

More Blooms!

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

Here's a bunch of blooms from this past week....

CHRIS EVERT

{{gwi:1280648}}

ENGLISH PERFUME

{{gwi:1197233}}

FRAGRANT PLUM

{{gwi:285369}}

GOLDEN MONICA

{{gwi:1280650}}

JAM & JERUSALEM

{{gwi:334233}}

JARDINS DE BAGATELLE

{{gwi:1197320}}

LAGUNA FREELANDER - not a very good rose, I'm afraid....

{{gwi:1280653}}

MASQUERADE

{{gwi:1199717}}

MICHELANGELO - (THE PAINTER)

{{gwi:1199715}}

"PERFECT LADY" - the name I gave this old J&P test rose from the 90's. They never marketed it, but it's a beauty!

{{gwi:1280657}}

PINNACLE

{{gwi:1280659}}

SANDRA

{{gwi:1205926}}

S.E.A. OF LOVE

{{gwi:1280662}}

Test Rose from this season's batch... looks to be a winner. Smells delish and lasts forever! (This bloom is about 4 days old here.)

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE

{{gwi:1205434}}

WHISPER

{{gwi:1208152}}

And this is a gorgeous purple dianthus called "DIANA BLUEBERRY"

Comments (9)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Really like English Perfume! Looks fully packed and a nice shade of mauve!

Your picture of "The Painter" shows how different roses can be in different climates. I grow it here, and while the spripes and orange are still there, the color is quite different.

When I saw your pic of S.E.A. of love I was sooo jealous! I had cuttings sent to me, but none took :( Hopefully, someone in the US/Canada puts it into commerce again!

Tammy

• inga007
    11 years ago

You never cease to amaze me, with the huge variety of roses.

Thank you, for finding the time, to share the result of your

labours with others.

Happy Labour Day !

Ingrida

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Tammy, Hortico doesn't have S.E.A. OF LOVE anymore? I'll hafta go look.

Thanks Ingrida, Happy Labor Day to you too! And everybody else! Gonna be a lazy day for me. I finally have a 2-day weekend! Yippee!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

You always have so many lovely roses I'm not familiar with, so I learn something with each of your posts. However, I'm bowled over by the dianthus--must check around my town next spring and see if I can find anything like that. That's an entirely new one to me.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kate, that dianthus was a new one about 2 yrs ago. It's a series called "Diana" and blueberry is the color. It really is a true lavender-purple. I love it. I seem to remember seeing it on a perennial website last yr, but can't remember which one. I got them from a local wholesale nursery that we used to buy plants from at the Ace Hardware store where I work. Unfortunately they went out of business. But the nursery we got plants from this yr, down in Sac, only carried the Diana mix in 6-packs. I believe I did see a blueberry one in one of the packs. I'm sure somebody out there will have it. Maybe try Lowes or HD.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Actually...after I read your post, I did a little digging and you're right, Hortico is still selling it, but under the name Purple Gem, with S.E.A. of Love as an AKA :) Needless to say, my order is placed along with Purple Popcorn and The Nightwalker. Regardless, of Hortico's reputation, I haven't had any issues with them...I just hope that I didn't jinx myself!

Tammy

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Dianthus and roses are really beautiful, great pics.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

I brought home English Perfume from RU this spring and I just love it. Your picture really captures its` beauty. Wish everyone could smell it!! This rose has done very well in my Ky. zone 6 garden and I would recommend it. I enjoyed all of your roses...I always see roses I have never seen before when I open your posts! Thanks Lesley

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

That Fragrant Plum is gorgeous! Jam & Jerusalem? What a name! Love the purple dianthus too. I have a lot of different pink and red ones but I don't think I've ever seen any that color before.